Waterfowl 19'/20'

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last hunt in Nebraska before our unit closes. We did pretty well this morning. Headed south tomorrow, hoping to score some birds down there as well. We shall see.

aXP2Qdcl.jpg

Last edited:

Lakenut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another ok day of duck hunting... 2 of us killed 7 mallards and 1 gadwall.

In our area the birds are EXTREMELY call shy to the point where I just about left them in the truck today. The jerk string however, works wonders.

All in all this continues to be a pretty solid season. The year of the 20ga continues for me and has really been enjoyable. I have shot the darn thing really well. If one is patient and lets the birds work, the little yellow shells do quite well. I have been leading off with 2 3/4” upland steel loads of #6 with great success.

meatGrinder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another ok day of duck hunting... 2 of us killed 7 mallards and 1 gadwall.

In our area the birds are EXTREMELY call shy to the point where I just about left them in the truck today. The jerk string however, works wonders.

All in all this continues to be a pretty solid season. The year of the 20ga continues for me and has really been enjoyable. I have shot the darn thing really well. If one is patient and lets the birds work, the little yellow shells do quite well. I have been leading off with 2 3/4” upland steel loads of #6 with great success.

I'm getting ducks that are call shy also. One quack is all they get and if they aren't turning I don't keep after it. Heavy calling was working during the early season. The ducks around my spot have been around awhile I think.

Latest posts

Top Bottom