Wayne you been a bad boy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Years ago my wife and I joined the NRA. Constant phone calls and letters asking for donations after joining. We finally quit because when they called they always wanted to talk to me, not my wife, who was not only a member but also was in charge of family finances. I called several times wanting to know why they would not talk to the wife and they assured me they would "the next time" but never did. All I got was a hat, constant harrassment for donations and false promises. If I wanted that I would have joined one of the TV mega churches.

Sent from my SM-J737U using Tapatalk

I've been beating the drum on this for years. The NRA does marketing through third party companies. Those folks on the phone are nothing but low paid telemarketers looking for a commission to sell a membership or a donation for another commission.

The following is not directed at the person quoted in this thread but at OSA's general membership that continue to gripe about the mailings and phone calls as a reason to drop out.
I did this years ago and get no phone calls or mailings other than membership requests. I renew through our Gun Club in Ponca as we have recruiting status so we can get the members $5 off the annual membership and the club makes $5.
See how that works for the telemarketers? The difference between them and us is that we use the money to make a better range for our members vs pocketing the money in some telemarketer that is not a member of the NRA.

Control of Personal Information
Opt Out

We also use your information to send you notices in the mail or by email about special member benefits, discounts and offers. If you do not wish to receive mailings, you can: (1) opt out of email lists immediately by following the instructions at the bottom of each email; (2) email us using our Contact Us page, (3) call us at 1-800-672-3888; or (4) write to us at National Rifle Association of America, 11250 Waples Mill Road; Fairfax, VA 22030.

Editing Your Personal Information

Ways you can edit or update your personal information: (1) visiting NRA Member Services; (2) calling us at 1-800-672-3888; or (3) writing to us at National Rifle Association of America, 11250 Waples Mill Road; Fairfax, VA 22030.

https://membership.nrahq.org/privacy.asp

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The anti gunners couldn’t have hoped in their wildest dreams for this to be an issue for us.
Very true. But as I see it, it's on NRA and they had it coming.

With that said, things are a little different than they seem in the blogs, and web articles. Take that $250,000 clothing bill. That covers like eight years or some such, but it's still mighty excessive. I could perform the same duties as he does, and buy suits that are comparable and it might cost $10k. Maybe. Also Wayne is the one who got the AckMack deal going and he's been running money through them for years. His wife used to work for them too. It's a bizarre business arrangement at best.

Wayne and Chris run around in limos, private jets, dine, and travel like they are Speaker of the House or something. They need to be pared back in a major way. But from the looks of it, the ginormous board has enough on it that are complicit in it all to maintain their status quo. I hate to see it, but I think the NRA has a serious fight coming from all directions and they may not survive. If they keep going they are going to look like the ORA.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If they waste our dues, travel like Pelosi then I have no use for the NRA, they deserve to beg for money but they aren't getting any more of mine, they've gotten their last dime from me!

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If they waste our dues, travel like Pelosi then I have no use for the NRA, they deserve to beg for money but they aren't getting any more of mine, they've gotten their last dime from me!
I feel the same way. I don't have a bunch of extra money or a need to donate. When I give up my cash I hope it is put to good use and spent wisely. I think I'd just as soon someone steal my money as opposed to me giving it up in good faith and them pissing it away. If these allegations are true, which they seem to be so far, my wife and I won't be giving anything to the NRA until they handle this problem.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A full accounting is called for. In the meantime, I am suspending all giving to any NRA affiliated entities except the NRA Whittington Center. They receive no support from the NRA and are supported only by memberships and voluntary donations (they're a 501(c)(3) organization) until proven otherwise. Wayne and Chris need to be accountable. Why is there no info surfacing about Chris Cox's expenditures/expenses? ... or, have I missed it?

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK....the pdf of the auditor's letter shows around 21 K of clothing purchases per year......Is that out of line for the head of a major organization who is often on national media?

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK....the pdf of the auditor's letter shows around 21 K of clothing purchases per year......Is that out of line for the head of a major organization who is often on national media?
It is to me. Is his weight fluctuating so much he needs new suits all the time? Is he wearing out $21k in clothes every year? Town clothes should last a long time when ya just wear em to town. I know a fella likes to look nice and I'm sure he's buying high quality merchandise that should last. Idk maybe this is the normal but it ain't for me and my money.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would guess his suits are 2-3k each. Not uncommon for people running a multi million dollar organization to wear those. The government doesn't consider professional attire to be a write off. Its not like tools or protective clothing. Still he could have it written in as part of his benefits. IT does seem excessive and you would think he could wear them for more than a year.

I think the bigger issue is the way it looks for his vacation travel being booked and paid for as business travel. I know when I worked at large corporation years ago the CEO at the time had a 250K in food expenses for his family 1 year. Man I can eat Filet every meal every day for a year and still have money left over on 250k food budget. The same guy made over 50M a year though so that was beans to him.

Latest posts

Top Bottom