We Need an East Side Range in a Bad Way

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have driven 160 miles one way to shoot long distances..sometimes I had less than 30 rounds to test .
75 mile drive seems short to me now.
I am always looking for land.. but the deal is even having 80 acres you will be close to someone that will not care for all the shooting noise

DFX

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The range I have always envisioned building would require at least 1 square mile of lane.
That is not available close to town.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
None of the towns/areas between OKC and Shawnee seem to be receptive to a range. Thunderbird folded and Wes from Practical Shooting had his range plans shot down by the city Harrah "development board" or some other blowhard entity.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Imagine if you had or were preparing for a range in eastern OK county and the new turnpike is slated to be built near your range. Bad enough the property values are probably going to drop-especially with the turnpike directly behind one's home...

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Imagine if you had or were preparing for a range in eastern OK county and the new turnpike is slated to be built near your range. Bad enough the property values are probably going to drop-especially with the turnpike directly behind one's home...

It will depend on where the ramps and service roads (if any) are located. They've already released the two possible routes, but the only interchanges mentioned are at each end and 23rd.

Latest posts

Top Bottom