We need another Kimber Micro 380 Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I picked one up yesterday and the wife has already tried claiming it. Anyways, I tried owning a 380 once before with the Ruger LCP and I hated that gun and she hated it too. I’m hoping this is a little better since it’s not polymer and the fact that this Kimber has sites you can actually use unlike the Ruger.

I have found some decently priced ammo so I’m hoping to get to the range soon. I ordered a holster and another magazine as well… I’ll be honest I am kind of worried about 380 being enough gun for self defense but I guess having a 380 is better than a .45 or 38spl I leave at home. I normally carry a Glock 36 in the waistband so this little Kimber will be a lot strange to carry.

Does anyone else carry a Kimber micro 380? I’ve thought about it being a good pocket carry but not sure with it being a single action.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I pocket carry my little SA 380 all the time. I just keep the hammer down but I have practiced cocking the hammer as I draw or acquire the target for years. Like anything else, practice, practice, practice.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I pocket carry my little SA 380 all the time. I just keep the hammer down but I have practiced cocking the hammer as I draw or acquire the target for years. Like anything else, practice, practice, practice.

if this Kimber had a grip safety like a 1911 I would feel more comfortable keeping it cocked and locked in my pocket. If I holster carry it I will carry it cocked. I just don’t think having to cock the gun before firing would be a quick move, I would probably forget and well… seconds count. If I practiced a ton I guess I would nail it though.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
if this Kimber had a grip safety like a 1911 I would feel more comfortable keeping it cocked and locked in my pocket. If I holster carry it I will carry it cocked. I just don’t think having to cock the gun before firing would be a quick move, I would probably forget and well… seconds count. If I practiced a ton I guess I would nail it though.
The old gunfighters trained themselves to do it, you can too. With practice it becomes part of the motion.

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not the 380 but I EDC the Micro 9, that lil dude in accurate! I carry it cocked and locked, the safety is fairly stiff and rather not have to worry about cocking if I have to draw, I do make sure the safety is on every time I put it on.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Not the 380 but I EDC the Micro 9, that lil dude in accurate! I carry it cocked and locked, the safety is fairly stiff and rather not have to worry about cocking if I have to draw, I do make sure the safety is on every time I put it on.

Do you know what is the size difference between the two pistols? I prefer 9mm but the size of the micro 380 is hard to beat.

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just measured, 6" from tip of barrel to back of beavertail and 4 1/2" from top of rear sight to bottom of 7 round (longer) mag. Small enough to easily conceal but enough to get a grip on, I do not have girly hands either.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Just measured, 6" from tip of barrel to back of beavertail and 4 1/2" from top of rear sight to bottom of 7 round (longer) mag. Small enough to easily conceal but enough to get a grip on, I do not have girly hands either.

I guess I should have just used the Google.

3243CF06-69CA-481C-8C12-EE5D3911A7A8.png

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pocket carry, cocked and locked in a pocket holster.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom