Weak Link on Gen 3, Gen 4 Glock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My 2nd generation Glock 22 was born in 1996 and was issued to me in 2005.

I personally have put over 2K rounds thru it and the guy who had it before me was a shooter as well, so he probably put a thousand or so thru it too.

I've never changed out ANYTHING on it. Yeah, I probably should go ahead and replace some things like the FP, recoil spring, trigger spring and such, but...if it ain't broke - don't fix it! :ugh2:

As for the sh!tty, plastic Glock "goalpost" sights that everybody loves to hate, I actually like them and it's my favorite sight picture over all the others.

I know, I know... :screwy:

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

I personally have put over 2K rounds thru it and the guy who had it before me was a shooter as well, so he probably put a thousand or so thru it too.

I've never changed out ANYTHING on it. Yeah, I probably should go ahead and replace some things like the FP, recoil spring, trigger spring and such, but...if it ain't broke - don't fix it! :ugh2:

As for the sh!tty, plastic Glock "goalpost" sights that everybody loves to hate, I actually like them and it's my favorite sight picture over all the others.

While I prefer the sights on my SIGs I too really like the "goal post" Glock sights on my Gen 4 Glock 19.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, many times, without issue.

So does your brass eject like it does in the first example in the video or does it eject like the second example in the video?

I've got a Glock 19 Gen 4 that exhibits poor ejection, it's a fairly recently manufactured gun. It's never exhibited brass to the face but it does fail the 10-8 extractor test

Last edited:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you suggest changing out the trigger spring?

IF you choose to drop a (-) connector in it; then it does help to change the trigger spring out for a 6Lb competition spring. But to correctly answer the question, "No". I am one of those who keeps a spare on hand (along with various 1911 parts that are more prone to breaking than a Glock).:rollingla

firefighterguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Glock doesn't recommend replacing the recoil spring until 5000 rounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tomthebaker

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So does your brass eject like it does in the first example in the video or does it eject like the second example in the video?

I've got a Glock 19 Gen 4 that exhibits poor ejection, it's a fairly recently manufactured gun. It's never exhibited brass to the face but it does fail the 10-8 extractor test
I honestly have never noticed any difference between the way it ejects with or without a magazine. I guess I just haven't paid attention to it because it worked.

Latest posts

Top Bottom