Weapon light on carry gun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Didn't say i had, my first hand gun was a Kimber 1911 that was equipped with a laser, didn't really care to much for it, didn't always work like it was supposed to, sold the gun and never purchased another gun with all the toys hanging off them. If they make you feel like a big man then go for it.

Lord knows there is no end to the amount of play things you can hang on your guns, all you have to do is attach the word tactical and people will fall all over their selves and pay all kinds of money to get them. The man asked opinion on flash lights attached to guns i gave mine, if it doesn't set well with you, then sorry that's your problem not mine. I still think if you want a light there are lots of nice flashlights out there to carry in your hand rather than loading up your carry pistol with em.

But then i'm an 80 year old retired dumb ass, what the heck do i know about things. Tell you one thing though Spanky if i was a bad guy holding out in a dark warehouse there is nothing i would like better than to have you looking for me with a light on your gun, i would know where you were and when to shoot long before you had any idea where i was. That's real life Spanky not some wannabe version. Nuf said.

You might be 80 and you might be a dumbass, but you're definitely pretty ignorant on WML's and how to properly use them. Acting like a know it all smartass isn't exactly shoring up your ignorant opinion, but feel free to double down like you did in the other thread posting about how an actual attorney posting the actual law doesn't know as much about it as you! ;)

James41

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You evidently have the understanding of what you read of someone in early grammar school. First off i never claimed to be an expert in using a light on a gun, i only gave my opinion of doing so. Secondly i never argued with Dave about Oklahoma law, as a matter of fact i agreed that if followed it was a good thing, what i said was there are times when either the police do not follow closely the law in order to make an arrest or there are times when a DA has twisted things around to get a conviction. And i am certainly not alone in that train of thought, check out the NRA web site for one, check out the "New" NRA-Carry Guard web site and you will find others well more qualified than either of us to talk about the problems of the "judicial system" in this country. And if you will bother to notice, Dave didn't bother to reply to my statement as being an attorney he knows that i was right.

Hell i'm not your daddy thank God for that, it isn't my job to do your research for you, do your own instead of starting a pissing contest on a forum like a 6 year old. Just drop it, i'm not interested in rolling around a mud hole with a pig.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You evidently have the understanding of what you read of someone in early grammar school. First off i never claimed to be an expert in using a light on a gun, i only gave my opinion of doing so. Secondly i never argued with Dave about Oklahoma law, as a matter of fact i agreed that if followed it was a good thing, what i said was there are times when either the police do not follow closely the law in order to make an arrest or there are times when a DA has twisted things around to get a conviction. And i am certainly not alone in that train of thought, check out the NRA web site for one, check out the "New" NRA-Carry Guard web site and you will find others well more qualified than either of us to talk about the problems of the "judicial system" in this country. And if you will bother to notice, Dave didn't bother to reply to my statement as being an attorney he knows that i was right.

Hell i'm not your daddy thank God for that, it isn't my job to do your research for you, do your own instead of starting a pissing contest on a forum like a 6 year old. Just drop it, i'm not interested in rolling around a mud hole with a pig.

Yeah, that's what I thought. :rolleyes2

prdator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you study concealed carry gun fights. Like the 65 that Tom Givens students have been you will find. None of them needed a WML or any other light. I'd call that a clue....

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Secondly i never argued with Dave about Oklahoma law, as a matter of fact i agreed that if followed it was a good thing, what i said was there are times when either the police do not follow closely the law in order to make an arrest or there are times when a DA has twisted things around to get a conviction. And i am certainly not alone in that train of thought, check out the NRA web site for one, check out the "New" NRA-Carry Guard web site and you will find others well more qualified than either of us to talk about the problems of the "judicial system" in this country. And if you will bother to notice, Dave didn't bother to reply to my statement as being an attorney he knows that i was right.
Actually, Dave didn't reply to your statement because he didn't think it was worth his time. In particular, being an attorney, he understands the difference between a criminal case and a civil suit--and was kind enough to both boldface and italicize the "civil suit" part to draw attention to it--and you proceeded to prattle on about how "later in civil court some shyster bankrupts you and your family" (totally ignoring 21 O.S. 1289.25 (H), in boldface) while now talking about cops and DAs, who have precisely nothing to do with civil suits. If you'd said something about the plaintiff possibly being judgment proof, Dave might have allowed you a little bit of credibility, but you've shown pretty clearly that your ego is considerably more robust than your knowledge.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you study concealed carry gun fights. Like the 65 that Tom Givens students have been you will find. None of them needed a WML or any other light. I'd call that a clue....

How many of them were in low/no light and how many instances in low/no light where a gunfight didn't ensue were studied?

prdator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How many of them were in low/no light and how many instances in low/no light where a gunfight didn't ensue were studied?
Many of them were in Low light... but no light was needed... Several other folks that teach light work have looked at this and they have not found ANY that needed a light... Now if your .Mil/LEO... then your job task is different that a civilian.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually, Dave didn't reply to your statement because he didn't think it was worth his time. In particular, being an attorney, he understands the difference between a criminal case and a civil suit--and was kind enough to both boldface and italicize the "civil suit" part to draw attention to it--and you proceeded to prattle on about how "later in civil court some shyster bankrupts you and your family" (totally ignoring 21 O.S. 1289.25 (H), in boldface) while now talking about cops and DAs, who have precisely nothing to do with civil suits. If you'd said something about the plaintiff possibly being judgment proof, Dave might have allowed you a little bit of credibility, but you've shown pretty clearly that your ego is considerably more robust than your knowledge.
This is a clever line that I intend to use in other fora.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Many of them were in Low light... but no light was needed... Several other folks that teach light work have looked at this and they have not found ANY that needed a light... Now if your .Mil/LEO... then your job task is different that a civilian.

So based on that, would you say that there's no need to carry a light at all?

Latest posts

Top Bottom