Weapon light or not?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've always used one on my home defense pistol, but I recently got another "combat" pistol that I intended to use as the new home defense pistol, but it is also going to be a range toy and the gun just feels better without the light (already ordered and installed a new light on that one). I was thinking if there was a zombie apocalypse, I probably would shoot better without the light. Can anyone explain why having a light is always best on a (or not) for a non CCW pistol?

OneMoreEvan

This is bowling, there are rules. MARK IT ZERO
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think they're in the same camp as LPVOs, one minute they're the best thing ever, the next they're totally not needed. I had a TLR1 on my Glock 17, but my Beretta 92fs didn't even have a rail to mount one. I never felt undergunned with the 92fs. I think a handheld light at night would be plenty, or even better, turn on the light. That being said, my home defense AR has a Streamlight protac just because it makes me happy and "I just like it, Bros".

Latest posts

Top Bottom