Weapon light or not?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I hurt feelings, it’s not my intent.

Generally from what I’ve seen, people who are anti-weapon light:
1. Don’t actually use their firearms. They’re a talisman they keep bad things away.
2.Haven’t been through any proper training with a WML. They tend to think the only way to search/ target ID is to cover/muzzle someone.
3. Don’t/have minimal experience in reality based training. You find out real fast you don’t have enough hands to: hold your weapon, communicate (phone or radio), direct innocents/non-combatants/liabilities, open doors, reload etc.
4. Haven’t trained low light with both handheld and WML. Simple if you think about it. One hand grip vs two hand grip. Compromised grip vs non-compromised grip.
5. Seem to forget you don’t have to turn the light on if you don’t want to.
6. Seem to forget you can still use a handheld light if you have a WML.
7. Haven’t realized the slight weight of a WML will reduce muzzle rise.

In case you haven’t guessed, I’m pro WML.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Every gun gets a light and you ought to always have a handheld, however, I think only a handheld isn't adequate enough. Im calling your bluff if you tell me you genuienly practice shooting a handgun in conjunction with a handheld light enough to be even midly proficient. Even so, an uncompromised grip (using a WML) is always going to be superior then a compromised grip (handheld)
Most of us that shoot competitions have practiced shooting one handed with either hand… adding a light wouldn’t be hard.

Don’t know of anyone that would prefer to shoot single handed. I’m sure there is someone out there that would.

AppliedString1

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most of us that shoot competitions have practiced shooting one handed with either hand… adding a light wouldn’t be hard.

Don’t know of anyone that would prefer to shoot single handed. I’m sure there is someone out there that would.
I dont know a whole lot of people that shoot their carry gun in competitions, and fewer who shoot competitions in the dark while illuminating their target with an off hand light. If you've ever shot with two hands I dont know why you'd ever want to force yourself to only have 1.

There simply isn't a good argument against weapon lights.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dont know a whole lot of people that shoot their carry gun in competitions, and fewer who shoot competitions in the dark while illuminating their target with an off hand light. If you've ever shot with two hands I dont know why you'd ever want to force yourself to only have 1.

" There simply isn't a good argument against weapon lights. "

Sure there is, this is OSA . . . we'll find an argument against WML even if we have to make one up :hellno:

Last edited:

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
A80EC565-465E-4DDD-8831-A5679786921B.png

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was in the anti weapon mounted light crowd. After my neighbor lost it just after 6:15 on Friday the 13th, I’m pro weapon light. I didn’t have enough hands for a light, phone, and weapon. I ordered more weapon lights.
This is similar to how I moved out of the "momentary only" crowd and into the "clicky switch" gang.

I still search momentary only with my handheld, but I can't hold a phone/radio, hold a light with the button held down, AND hold a weapon.

Ya know... people say this and I'm wondering if they've tried to "aim" with something like a Surefire, Modlit, or Cloud Defense in their face. It's not happening lol.

I use my Modlite OKW handheld at work (security). I've beamed people in the face on multiple occasions and instantly ended whatever trouble they were causing. No one wants to fight when they're blinded. Stopped one charging man in his tracks from 15 feet out. As effective as OC spray.

Eventually someone will complain and I'll have to start documenting it as a use of force.

Last edited:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is similar to how I moved out of the "momentary only" crowd and into the "clicky switch" gang.

I still search momentary only with my handheld, but I can't hold a phone/radio, hold a light with the button held down, AND hold a weapon.

I use my Modlite OKW handheld at work (security). I've beamed people in the face on multiple occasions and instantly ended whatever trouble they were causing. No one wants to fight when they're blinded. Stopped one charging man in his tracks from 15 feet out. As effective as OC spray.

Eventually someone will complain and I'll have to start documenting it as a use of force.

I just got the Hog, and not even the OKW, the PHLv2.... lol.... this thing is insane. Just a nasty throw and a ton of spill. Would hate to see the OKW version.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Lol, my ccw Sunday was a Glock 34.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Ah, I can see it now; 'Yes judge, he brutally attacked me about my head and face with light photons from his assault light.'

The sad part is that he and his slinky lawyer will probably win :nolike:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom