Weapon modification. Re-engrave?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seth247

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Taurus pt-92 afs. The Taurus version of the beretta.

I love the gun cept for one thing. It effing top heavy. Not only does it have the aluminum frame, it also has a stainless slide which IIRC is heavier than regular steel. Also, IMO Taurus Built the slide a llitle heavier than is needed. It is wider than the beretta and has a lot of meat on it.

One of these days I'd like to stick the slide in a mill and take some of the meat off of the flat sides of the slide. However, doing so will remove the Taurus and model engraving, and possibly a serial number too(I can't remember if the slide is serialized.).

Will I have to re engrave it? Is it even legal to remove these markings? The gun is serialized everywere, barrel, frame, all over. So it wouldn't be the only serial number on the gun(if the slide does have one)

don't know if this quite counts as NFA but since thee s no gunsmithing section...

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the slide on a semi-automatic pistol is not considered the "firearm". the frame is the "firearm" so if you mill off the markings f a slide, it's just a custom slide.

No worries.

Seth247

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks!

That's what I figured cause I know the Ceiner conversion kit includes a new barrel and slide but doesn't require FFl so I figured it would be safe as long as I don't mess with the frame.

Any machinists in Tulsa who would be willing to slap a few thousandths off of this thing for a small fee? :D

I wish I could get one of those small garage mills I see advertised in gun magazines.

Latest posts

Top Bottom