Wearing a mask when out and about

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Asymptomatic transmission. Look it up.

Reason enough to ask everyone to wear a mask whether they don or doff it correctly doesn’t matter for that.

Oh good grief . . . here . . . wear this . . . we don't care if you do it right . . . just wear it. If you don't wear it properly it might not protect you but just wear it anyway.

I'm honestly not sure what your issue is here . . . but if flexing on a message board makes you feel important I guess I'm in for an interesting day.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh good grief . . . here . . . wear this . . . we don't care if you do it right . . . just wear it. If you don't wear it properly it might not protect you but just wear it anyway.

I'm honestly not sure what your issue is here . . . but if flexing on a message board makes you feel important I guess I'm in for an interesting day.

I prefer incorrectly worn masks on everyone over no mask. Anything to slow down or contain some of the droplets in the air. It’s not only about protecting yourself.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
upload_2020-4-2_13-59-53.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-4-2_13-59-53.jpeg
    upload_2020-4-2_13-59-53.jpeg
    71 KB · Views: 79

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I prefer incorrectly worn masks on everyone over no mask. Anything to slow down or contain some of the droplets in the air. It’s not only about protecting yourself.

Look . . . I've already stated that sometimes the mask is to protect the wearer and others are to protect those around you. An incorrectly worn mask in my opinion is fine as a means to protect others around you from your cough/sneeze. All I was saying is folks need to stop acting like incorrectly wearing a mask = the same level of protection of N95s or half-faced respirators.

I've never said it was only about protecting yourself . . . .

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was listening to a commentary on the radio a while ago, and in that commentary, it was mentioned that perhaps a leading cause of manufacturers for masks and other devices going overseas was because of Obamacare's tax on medical devices. Rather than pay that tax to the government, the companies went overseas.

Don't know of the validity of the comments, but it certainly sounds like a feasible happenstance.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are those masks worn at all times or only when folks are sick and in a healthcare facility?

I assume worn at all times out in public for a location with a high number of cases . . . .

That is my assumption also. Mask should be standard for when you are “out and about”.....at home only when you know or suspect you are sick or others at home are sick. If we have to stay “suited up” 24/7 I do not think we can maintain good mental health. We need to act to keep our homes clean: treat all incoming groceries, packages, mail etc as being contaminated until they’re decontaminated.

Last edited:

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Asymptomatic transmission. Look it up.

My issue is the message that is being put out there that regular masks don’t work and people shouldn’t wear masks. You were contributing to that. As mentioned by other posters, including some nice references, masks for everyone works. We should all be doing it. Any message that counters that or confuses that issue needs to die.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Look . . . I've already stated that sometimes the mask is to protect the wearer and others are to protect those around you. An incorrectly worn mask in my opinion is fine as a means to protect others around you from your cough/sneeze. All I was saying is folks need to stop acting like incorrectly wearing a mask = the same level of protection of N95s or half-faced respirators.

I've never said it was only about protecting yourself . . . .
Literally no one said incorrectly worn masks are as good as a properly fitted mask. But keep moving those goalposts.

Latest posts

Top Bottom