Wearing a mask when out and about

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve shown your quote where you said N95’s were the only mask that would protect the wearer.

You keep focusing on that . . . but ignore my clarification.

Now you are saying that any mask is good.

Where did I say this?

You said other masks “just prevent droplets from being spread via sneeze or coughing”. But I actually showed research that they actually protect the wearer too.

I said some masks are intended to protect the wearer and others are to protect those around us . . .

You said “What's the point in wearing one if you're not properly fit tested?“ But then i had research that showed even a non-fit rested N95 did a good job of protecting the wearer, so yes, there is definitely a point to wearing one even if not fit tested.

My goodness dude . . . of course wearing an N95 will provide some level of protection. But it's pretty clear that fit tests aren't something to be ignored.

It’s easy to see how your views have changed over the course of this thread. It’s just funny that you can’t admit that you were wrong initially. You’re trying to say, no, that’s what I was saying all along. It’s hilarious.

Actually, what's pretty easy to see here is you picking one or two things I've posted and taking some giant leap and running with it to fit some preconceived idea that YOU think I'm trying to make.

Yes I said N95s are the ONLY mask that provide protection. If you bothered to read other parts of what I've posted you would've seen where I clearly clarified why I focused on the N95s. But you won't. Because you want to keep pushing some idea that I've said wearing masks doesn't matter.

PPE provides protection. Properly fitted PPE provides BETTER protection. Properly fitted PPE is the PREFERRED means to protect folks.

N95s aren't the only masks that provide protection.

There. Are you happy now?

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Words have meaning. Just, only, etc.

Look, I’m just tying to be clear for anyone else who might read this thread. We don’t need misleading info ending up with people making bad decisions. “Well, BobbyV on OKShooters said ‘what’s the point in wearing a N95 if it’s not fit tested’, so I guess I’ll go to Lowe’s without a mask even though I have a N95 sitting right here.”

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Words have meaning. Just, only, etc.

Look, I’m just tying to be clear for anyone else who might read this thread. We don’t need misleading info ending up with people making bad decisions. “Well, BobbyV on OKShooters said ‘what’s the point in wearing a N95 if it’s not fit tested’, so I guess I’ll go to Lowe’s without a mask even though I have a N95 sitting right here.”

If someone does that then they're an idiot . . . if you or anyone else take what I post here as some absolute type of information you're also an idiot.

This is a forum for discussion . . . we're not THE experts.

Follow CDC guidance and move on.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If someone does that then they're an idiot . . . if you or anyone else take what I post here as some absolute type of information you're also an idiot.

This is a forum for discussion . . . we're not THE experts.

Follow CDC guidance and move on.

CDC is behind. I am an expert.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Trump did away with that tax a long time ago so who you were listening to was wrong.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucej...istory-after-trump-signs-repeal/#738660174ed4
My eldest son was making a good living selling medical equipment until obummer put that tax on that killed that business.

Yes, but did the "industry" move overseas after Obamacare and prior to Trump taking office. And, your statement that your eldest WAS making good money before the tax may indicate that the "industry" went to crap because of Obamacare.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, but did the "industry" move overseas after Obamacare and prior to Trump taking office. And, your statement that your eldest WAS making good money before the tax may indicate that the "industry" went to crap because of Obamacare.

Yes, the medical equipment business went to hell because of the medical equipment tax that was contained within Obamacare.
I was surprised when he told me that a lot of the practitioners in the Dallas/Ft Worth area were operating on a shoestring with some so overextended that they couldn’t get credit to purchase the equipment he was representing. The tax led to the equipment sales company laying off most of their staff. Son being one of them.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went to Crest this morning to pickup a cart full of essential items. I couldn't believe some of the things I saw. Apparently, a lot of people don't know what social distancing means - I had to remind a few when they crowded into me to get what they were after instead of patiently waiting for their turn. I couldn't believe the number of people wearing disposable masks with the top elastic around their head but the bottom elastic was hanging below their chins. I got a good laugh watching a lady wearing disposable gloves. She had her grocery list in hand. Several times she put the list in her mouth in order to pickup an item and put it into her cart.

There are a lot of idiots out there.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You do you man . . . whatever helps you cope with life.
I’m sorry I happen to be correct about this. I’ve just spent my entire life dedicated to medicine and I’m not constrained by politics. I’ve been promoting masks for everyone for a while. The CDC is literally behind Doesn’t help me cope with life. In fact, it’s a detriment most of the time.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m sorry I happen to be correct about this. I’ve just spent my entire life dedicated to medicine and I’m not constrained by politics. I’ve been promoting masks for everyone for a while. The CDC is literally behind Doesn’t help me cope with life. In fact, it’s a detriment most of the time.

Well gAH-Lee . . . maybe you should be in charge or sumthin.

Think folks wearing these masks realize that it gathers moisture as they breath and loses effectiveness? Do you also tell them that the virus can stay on hair or other body parts and we don't know for how long? Or that if it is in hair that even wearing a mask won't prevent that contamination? Or are you going to recommend everyone wear head covers now too?

Or what about when a mask is exposed to the virus it needs to be tossed?

Are you going to also start recommending goggles? Can't forget about that transmission route . . .

Like I said . . . you do you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom