Weather about to pound us again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just got home from banquet and just in time to get hammered with hail and 70 mph winds. Again a tornado on the ground South West of us about 12 miles heading our way. :yikes2:
Well I guess I'll watch it come up from the lightening flashes.
Baseball sized hail sucks but so does the straight winds.
I wish I still drank. This would be fun.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We usually have luck with these. Lightning, wind, hail and flooding but no tornadoes get up the hill. Flash flooding is almost a sure bet and I'm hoping the hail leaves my tomato plants alone.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, a drop of rain will soon knock out our satellite and internet. It don't take much. Direct hates weather of any kind, and ATT is still using antennas made from 65 Plymouth Belvedere.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Be safe! We came home from the Davis area just in time. Oklahoma weather never ceases to amaze me. I'd probably say the same thing no matter where I lived.
Had a guy at the event tonight that was leaving to head back to Dallas. He's catching a plane to the east coast and has never seen this weather before.
Just didn't have the heart to tell him what to expect going that way. Tried to get him to stay the night but he wanted to make that plane. Oh well.
Thanks for the concern Annie. Right back at you

travisstorma

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, a drop of rain will soon knock out our satellite and internet. It don't take much. Direct hates weather of any kind, and ATT is still using antennas made from 65 Plymouth Belvedere.
LOL. Direct gave me a flyer that said it was nothing more than rumors that satellite goes out when there are storms. Something about only the worse of storms takes it out. So far this year, I've yet to have it not go out during a storm.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First wave passed through with wind and marble sized hail. Heavy for a few minutes. Just long enough to beat the heck out of my tomato's and peppers.
Thankful the naders stayed away, so either God is blessing us or he hates produce.
Just kidding.
Second wave on the way and another to follow at about 2 am.
Dog and I are on weather watch so it will be a long night. Not for my wife. She will be out like a light as she know's I'll stay up for her. Not for the dog, it could sleep through Armageddon as long as she's on the blanket (in my lap). No. It will be a late night just for me.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess we are gonna get it here sometime after midnight. Dawg will make sure I know ALL about it. Glad I have him now. I don't get headaches when storms come through now (thank GOD and Dr. Stuart) so it's up to him to alert me.

He's such a good dog.

Latest posts

Top Bottom