Weather conditions 2/8/2021

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I drove to work about 5 AM this morning on 169 from south Tulsa to midtown, and there was a misty rain falling with wet roads. No big deal. Over the next three hours, I noticed ice forming on the sidewalks and on my car until my boss told me to go work from home.

What a huge difference in just three hours. 169 has slushy ice on the overpasses, and traffic was crawling. There was a pickup truck on its roof in the northbound lanes of 169, a bit south of the BA interchange, and traffic was backed up for a mile behind that. Once I got past 71st Street, conditions improved noticeably, and the streets were just wet in south Tulsa.

So far...

How are conditions where you folks are?

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sapulpa is pretty much just wet, but I did notice what appeared to be just a little slush forming on Polecat Creek Bridge on Hwy 117.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
The IDL was a nightmare around 8:15. All the raised areas and bridges are slick. From Claremore to just SW of downtown on my commute I saw probably two dozen cars wrecked.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I drove less than a mile to the Gym at 545, a little ice on my windshield.

Came out at 715 and my windshield was frozen over. Truck was parked facing north, I was surprised.

This was Tulsa Mid-Town.

Latest posts

Top Bottom