Weather conditions 2/8/2021

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't agree that Jameson is better, but I've never believed that any blended whiskey is better than single malt. Bushmills is good, black Bush is better. I prefer Red Bush myself.

Irish Whiskey is my drink. Black bush is good(did I say that out loud?:o) but that is more in line with Jameson black barrel which cost more. Ive been sipping on a Jameson 12 year special reserve that is fantastic.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can kind of understand why they push out wildly speculative forecasts... The local news only hold on a a community is the weather. As younger generations don't tune in to hear reports of news they've already read online, the weather is the only round in their chamber, and they milk it for all the ad revenue they can.

Well yeah . . . ratings, ratings, ratings.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
National weather service is forecasting an amassed cumulative snowfall amount of 6-8 inches here in SWOK. TOTAL OVER FOUR DAYS. I still think they're estimating high. Last time we were forecasted 4-6 and got trace amounts.
The only time (since we moved here in '76) that we've gotten 8" of snow in Marshall county, was in '83. Also the only time we've seen zero temps (it stayed around zero for about 2 weeks).

Local weather folks were calling for 1-3" IIRC... :D
:drunk2:

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember once around 35 to 40 years ago we had below freezing temps for a month straight. We were wiring a motel in Guthrie just off I35. It was freaking cold.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only time (since we moved here in '76) that we've gotten 8" of snow in Marshall county, was in '83. Also the only time we've seen zero temps (it stayed around zero for about 2 weeks).

Local weather folks were calling for 1-3" IIRC... :D
:drunk2:

I've got an old picture of my sisters as kids, winter of 89 in Ponca City. There we are, wrapped up in goofy nylon and those knit red and white conoco hats with the puff balls on top standing next to a yardstick... 13 inches of snow. Being coastal residents prior, it was awesome. I still remember that snow day. We moved to Denver in 92, so we got used to and eventually tired of snow. I still love winter, but only when it's in the 40-50's.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You guys keep talking about it and I will have to break down a buy myself a small bottle of bourbon. And I have not drank in years. I do admit to occasionally wanting a nice glass and a good cigar but my doc and wife would have fits if I did. I swear if I ever get told I only have a short time to live, I am going out with a good meal, a nice drink and a good cigar in me.
When the Dr told me that my chain smoking dad was terminal from lung cancer I was devastated. Shortly afterward he asked me to roll him out to the patio for a smoke.
First reaction was to smack him upside the head to wake him up, but finally realized he is done and no matter what he wanted to do, it was up to me to respect his wishes. We rolled his wheelchair out to the patio and he smoked until the day he died.
My chain smoking mom died a few years later. My chain smoking sister is on 100% oxygen now, raising her mask to take another puff.
I have no sympathy. I know that sounds rough but they chose their destiny. I spent years trying to tell them that they would die from their habit earlier than normal but it never registered in their minds and I finally gave up.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@RickN you only have a short time to live. I mean compared to what you have already lived. Tell you wife I said you could have a nice meal at least.

I am the cook so I do get good meals, but being diabetic I have to watch what I eat. I find out I will be checking out soon it will be a big ole chicken fried steak with all the fixings, strawberry shortcake for dessert, a stiff drink and a good cigar after.

Latest posts

Top Bottom