Weather this weekend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's what ya get for letting him watch the weather... :D

He is eating up this cold weather -- jumping around and bucking up like a puppy with a new toy. Dawg and I are all "**** this ****. Get your bizniz done so we can GO INSIDE!" Lol

I actually sat outside this evening wrapped in my insulated coveralls, wrapped in a blanket, drinking coffee and kahlua, so he could play outside a little longer. Dawg was in my lap, under the blanket, whining. Haha! He makes a pretty good lap warmer!

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s all about the ratings
BOOM! Winner.

I knew long ago that winter weather systems were nigh impossible to forecast accurately until they are right on top of you, but I didn't know why until tonight. Damon Lane did a FB Live and he put the missing piece in it. He explained how much moisture is in snow.

What it boils down to this. If we get a storm roll through in above freezing temps that comes in as rain and we get 1.0" of rain it ain't no big deal right? That same exact system coming through in the below freezing cold and dropping snow will drop a whopping 10" of snow. So you can see how "sensitive" the numbers are.

This just hammers home what I figured out a long time ago. When they are all jumping up and down and saying we are getting 10" of snow AFTER a 1/2" of ice hammers us, and they are saying this before the system is even out of the pacific and over land, they don't know jack ****. So I just ignore them until the day before and even then take it with a grain of salt. They are pretty good at determining it will snow, but as to how much, well, it's up in the air until just hours before it hits. That's just the nature of winter weather systems. Spring and summer they are a lot better at.

So Powerman, is correct. I don't blame the weather dudes and dudettes, it's their managers driving this. The more riled up they can get people, the more glued to their sets they will be. That drives ad revenue. That's what it's all about...

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saw a few drops of light moisture this morning, but roads out around Yukon are dry. I was all set to shovel snow, chip ice, gather up limbs out of the yard if we had ice, etc. Yawn.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
74864, was dry when I awoke but a wee bit of precip has started.. If it doesn't get nasty I'll get some rounds down on the near new Rugers.. I also need to get some pictures of the piggies and update me kunekune thread..

Latest posts

Top Bottom