Weather tonight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Farm took no damage, 4 and 2/10ths inches of rain though. The 7 acre pond is overfull and the overflow is running right quickly. Neighbor the next section over had serious damage to his home as the wind picked up his oversized carport and landed it on his roof, he got tarps up today though so all is well for now.
Lets hope we make it through what's supposed to be here Saturday as well.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hope you all weather the storm (pun intended) with no ill effects. The rain here on Lake Lawtonka was heavy enough that my darn dog wouldn't "go" during her walk - but as soon as the rain slacks off in the wee hours she will wake me up. Oddly she never wakes my wife, only me.
That's cuz you don't reach over and smack her for disturbing you in the night. Your the easy side of that duo.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Farm took no damage. The 7 acre pond is overfull and the overflow is running right quickly. Neighbor the next section over had serious damage to his home as the wind picked up his oversized carport and landed it on his roof, he got tarps up today though so all is well for now.
Lets hope we make it through what's supposed to be here Saturday as well.
My pond was about a foot low. It should be running over the spillway with 2.5" of rain. Its only a measly 1 acre though.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My pond was about a foot low. It should be running over the spillway with 2.5" of rain. Its only a measly 1 acre though
We received 4 and 2/10 inches of rain last night and into the morning down here. Pond is full, put a bunch of catfish in there a few years ago, if we fished much it would be prime pickin. Grass carp have their work cut out for them now that all that grass is underwater. lol Horses were having a blast in the water this afternoon, acting like a bunch of idiots, pretty cool to see.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We received 4 and 2/10 inches of rain last night and into the morning down here. Pond is full, put a bunch of catfish in there a few years ago, if we fished much it would be prime pickin. Grass carp have their work cut out for them now that all that grass is underwater. lol Horses were having a blast in the water this afternoon, acting like a bunch of idiots, pretty cool to see.
Mine is not conducive to livestock. Its sides are nearly vertical. Strictly a fishing pond. Dug on that thing for almost a month with the disk, and front loader and finally figured I was pissing in the wind. A dozer did more in 4 hours than I did in a month. Lesson learned.

Latest posts

Top Bottom