Weed Eater as good emergency self protection device? Serious question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YukonKnife

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
As you all likely know, the various forms of "weed eaters" (both the ones with the monofilament lines and the ones with the hard plastic blades) can cut through tough weeds and fibrous plant materials with ease. I would like both those whom are familiar with law enforcement and legal knowledge and everyone else to comment on this: In an emergency for home self protection or while outside of the home, would a decent weed-eater make a good self protection device and what would any legal implications be for the person protecting themself and their family with one?

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dunno. If it has a brush-cutting blade, it might be a workable self-defense tool, but I doubt the string would do much damage to anyone wearing long pants. It's also not particularly stout, it's unwieldy, and it has a lot of surface area for an opponent to grab.

I mean, it's better than nothing, so do what you can with what ya got, but it wouldn't my first choice of tools to grab to defend myself.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As you all likely know, the various forms of "weed eaters" (both the ones with the monofilament lines and the ones with the hard plastic blades) can cut through tough weeds and fibrous plant materials with ease. I would like both those whom are familiar with law enforcement and legal knowledge and everyone else to comment on this: In an emergency for home self protection or while outside of the home, would a decent weed-eater make a good self protection device and what would any legal implications be for the person protecting themself and their family with one?
Blocked for utter stupidity

Latest posts

Top Bottom