Weed Eater as good emergency self protection device? Serious question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
weed troll.jpg

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Id would say by the time you use both hands to try to engage the minor hurt one of these put on people you would have your teeth knocked out, a foot down your throat, or someone tackles you to the ground.

A baseball bat, pepper spray, knife, or an electronic device would be better.

your not going to be able to maneuver an big weed eater in a fight. JMO.

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If powered yard implements are your preferred weapon of choice, I might suggest a 10" battery electric chain saw. More compact and maneuverable. I would not like to have someone jam it into my stomach. Would make quick work of the carotid artery as well. You could use the plastic blade cover as a holster by duct taping it to your leg.

P.S. I would suggest not wearing good boots while using this unless you what them re-stained burgundy.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If powered yard implements are your preferred weapon of choice, I might suggest a 10" battery electric chain saw. More compact and maneuverable. I would not like to have someone jam it into my stomach. Would make quick work of the carotid artery as well. You could use the plastic blade cover as a holster by duct taping it to your leg.

P.S. I would suggest not wearing good boots while using this unless you what them re-stained burgundy.
was friday the 13Th the other day

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nope when you tackle the guy he's going to mash that exhaust pipe against your face. just a thought!

I would not be bothered by a burning.
Dad was a mean old drunk.
One day he was attempting to make some lead sinkers.
He had a 5 gallon bucket of water in the kitchen floor and well melted lead on the stove top.
He told me to hold the mold over the bucket of water as he poured molten lead into that mold
from the 2 quart pot.

Well the mold did not fill out and he thought just the opposite of what needed to happen.
I was around 13 at the time.

He cooled the mold off under running water and handed it to me and said no matter what you do not move.
I was on my knees on the floor holding that mold tight.
He poured lead into that cold wet mold and it exploded in my face.

HOT lead cooling on my face and arms but i did not move a muscle just closed my eyes and held still.

He hollered put your face in the bucket boy!

Glad he told me to move as it was darn hot.
Went to the bathroom and peeled the lead sheets off myself.

Fun times.

Latest posts

Top Bottom