Weed Eater as good emergency self protection device? Serious question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
As you all likely know, the various forms of "weed eaters" (both the ones with the monofilament lines and the ones with the hard plastic blades) can cut through tough weeds and fibrous plant materials with ease. I would like both those whom are familiar with law enforcement and legal knowledge and everyone else to comment on this: In an emergency for home self protection or while outside of the home, would a decent weed-eater make a good self protection device and what would any legal implications be for the person protecting themself and their family with one?
ANYTHING, you can get your hands on can be an effective self defence tool!

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don’t see why not. I bet it would be an extremely effective tool. Just make sure to use verbal commands, as with all self defense situations. I think what’s generally accepted in the situation of using a weed whacker would be something like “don’t get any closer or I’ll whack you off!” Or “if you’re trying to steal from my house I’ll have to whack you off first”. Something along those lines. You don’t want to open yourself up to a lawsuit.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t see why not. I bet it would be an extremely effective tool. Just make sure to use verbal commands, as with all self defense situations. I think what’s generally accepted in the situation of using a weed whacker would be something like “don’t get any closer or I’ll whack you off!” Or “if you’re trying to steal from my house I’ll have to whack you off first”. Something along those lines. You don’t want to open yourself up to a lawsuit.

You might even make a friend by doing that...

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I keep a 5 1/2 inch skill saw blade on one of my weed eaters. It’ll cut through a 1 inch sapling in a heartbeat. So I expect it could cause a disabling injury to a shinbone, if I was lucky enough to get a good swing before the perp got to me.

Last edited:

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 275478
Texas chain saw style. You felling lucky? Make my day 🤣😂🤭
Do not forget the proper attire!!
1653761017193.png

Latest posts