Weird FedEx Experience

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
UPS admittedly delivered a bar fridge I had ordered to the wrong address. They said they would make 3 attempts to recover the item and then I was basically **** out of luck. After a few days they said they made their attempts and no one ever answered the door. They take no financial responsibility for the items they mis-deliver. I had to file a claim on my bank card to get my money back. What a load of horse sheet that a company can admittedly deliver an item to the wrong address and then take ZERO responsibility for it.

Saying a UPS store isn't UPS is like saying the same thing about McDonald's, btw.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
UPS admittedly delivered a bar fridge I had ordered to the wrong address. They said they would make 3 attempts to recover the item and then I was basically **** out of luck. After a few days they said they made their attempts and no one ever answered the door. They take no financial responsibility for the items they mis-deliver. I had to file a claim on my bank card to get my money back. What a load of horse sheet that a company can admittedly deliver an item to the wrong address and then take ZERO responsibility for it.

Oh, they pay for it, to the shipper for whatever the shipper spent on insurance. If no insurance was paid, $100 is paid to shipper.
The shipper should have sent you another item.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh, they pay for it, to the shipper for whatever the shipper spent on insurance. If no insurance was paid, $100 is paid to shipper.
The shipper should have sent you another item.

????

This makes absolutely zero sense to me... if I were the shipper, I'd be raising pure hell. Insurance is for damage, not for just giving it to the wrong person. The shipping charge is for transport and delivery - if those are not done, then the contract was never fulfilled and the transporting agent should pay for the loss.

Call me crazy...

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
????

This makes absolutely zero sense to me... if I were the shipper, I'd be raising pure hell. Insurance is for damage, not for just giving it to the wrong person. The shipping charge is for transport and delivery - if those are not done, then the contract was never fulfilled and the transporting agent should pay for the loss.

Call me crazy...

on the ups website

"UPS's liability for loss or damage is limited to US$100.00 on shipments with no declared value. If the value of your goods exceeds US$100.00, you can declare a higher value, up to US$50,000.00 per package, or US$100,000 per pallet for UPS Worldwide Express FreightSM (subject to terms and conditions) by entering the declared value in the UPS shipping system used and paying an additional charge. Declared Value charges for freight collect and third-party shipments may be billed to your shipper account. For more information, refer to ups.com/terms."

hope that clears a little bit up

Latest posts

Top Bottom