Weird situation need advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asdf

Marksman
Reaction score
Hi all. I never post on here I’m mainly just a lurker. So forgive me if you’ve never seen my name on anything. But I am a real person lol.
Anyways, there is a lot of good wisdom on this forum and I feel like I need some advice because I don’t have much of that.
Long story short, I’ve carried a glock 43 for the last 5 years consistently every day. I know my gun… I decided to upgrade the trigger and purchased one from an online retailer. When it came in, I dropped it along with my 43 off at the gun shop so they could do the install. Here’s where it gets crazy; I pick it up and don’t think about looking it over because my people have always came thru and been very reliable and honest. My mistake. Get home and the rear sight has a mark on it like it had been placed in a vise and is sitting crooked one side slightly higher than the other. Maybe it’s bent Idk. Either way, I know my gun and it was not like that before it went in for the trigger. Also, the guide rod keeps getting stuck and keeps sticking out the end of the gun when racked. Which it’s NEVER done in its lifetime. My question is what in the world has happened to my poor gun. Did they drop it?? Did the rob parts off my good gun and replace them with some junk parts? But then again, these are honest people who work the gun shop. I know this for a fact.

how do I handle this??

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Man, that’s a tough one. Sounds like you have dealt with this shop on a number of occasions. Did they give you the wrong gun back by mistake?

asdf

Marksman
Reaction score
Ok I can accept if they dropped it. And that would explain the rear sight. Could the new trigger cause guide rod issues? I wouldn’t think so but again I don’t know much about gunsmithing

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just me, but when I take anything in to be worked on/repaired I always ask how did it go, what did you find/see, anything go wrong?

It’s your’e money that your’e spending. When I rent equipment for my job to a customer, even though I’m working for my employer, I tell the customer I’m working for them because it’s they’re money and I want them to be happy.

Why should a gun shop/gun smith be any different?

Latest posts

Top Bottom