Weird situation need advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi all. I never post on here I’m mainly just a lurker. So forgive me if you’ve never seen my name on anything. But I am a real person lol.
Anyways, there is a lot of good wisdom on this forum and I feel like I need some advice because I don’t have much of that.
Long story short, I’ve carried a glock 43 for the last 5 years consistently every day. I know my gun… I decided to upgrade the trigger and purchased one from an online retailer. When it came in, I dropped it along with my 43 off at the gun shop so they could do the install. Here’s where it gets crazy; I pick it up and don’t think about looking it over because my people have always came thru and been very reliable and honest. My mistake. Get home and the rear sight has a mark on it like it had been placed in a vise and is sitting crooked one side slightly higher than the other. Maybe it’s bent Idk. Either way, I know my gun and it was not like that before it went in for the trigger. Also, the guide rod keeps getting stuck and keeps sticking out the end of the gun when racked. Which it’s NEVER done in its lifetime. My question is what in the world has happened to my poor gun. Did they drop it?? Did the rob parts off my good gun and replace them with some junk parts? But then again, these are honest people who work the gun shop. I know this for a fact.

how do I handle this??
Not to downplay Glock armorers, but if you can change the batteries in a smoke detector, you should be able to swap parts out on a Glock pistol. It ain’t rocket science.

In my opinion, you’ve already waited too long to confront the people that did the work, because at this point, they can just say it was ”right” when it left their shop leaving the burden of proof on you. Their word against yours.

Since you obviously need the gun fixed, my recommendation is to let SPD correct the issues. I don’t know him nor have had any dealings with him, but he comes highly recommended by many members of this board.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm in the take it back and ask them about it camp. If you're a regular customer, they may fix it for you even if they don't think they did it. Worst case, they tell you it's not their problem, and then I would not pay them to fix it again... I'd do what I would have done in the first place and taken it to SPDguns in Stillwater.

There is also the small possibility that you're mistaken...

Slim Deal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Take it back to them, point pout the problem. Don't offer to let them fix it, don't let them touch it. They screwed up the first time. Be nice but tell them AMF and never do business with them again. Do as a few others have recommended, take it to SPDguns.

Bravo1413

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have done all my own trigger jobs on my xdm, xd, xds, Glock and AR’s, it really not that hard. Just take your time and be careful. Most of the time, Springs and de burring and polishing is all that is needed for most factory guns.

Latest posts

Top Bottom