1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Welcome to the new OSA!

Discussion in 'Site News & Feedback' started by Okuma, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Okuma

Okuma Crocodylus Pontifex Staff Member

Administrator
    Welcome to the new site!

We've been working on it all night and will be for probably the whole weekend, but it's now at the point where we think we can at least open the doors up.

Please post any questions or concerns you may have in this thread and I will try my best to address them as quickly as I can. Also post any bugs/issues you find anywhere on the site, I'm sure we'll have a couple pop up today and tomorrow.

Thanks! And I know it's a lot different, but I promise after a day or two you'll like it, it just works so much better.

UPDATE 3-24-16

It's been a few days on the new platform and we seem pretty stable. What does everything think so far?

Feel free to voice any complaints or concerns in here. (some good stuff would be nice too! :D )

One thing I've heard is complaints about Admins having the ability to read a person's private messages. I don't really understand the outrage, all admins on forums can see all your messages if they wanted to, I'm just upfront about it. The only time I'll ever look is if we're trying to resolve an issue for some reason. Most of the time it's just to verify facts about a deal gone bad.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
  2. tRidiot

tRidiot Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I like it. Good job and thanks for all the hard work you've been putting in.

At the moment the thing that jumps out at me is trying to set my preferences to change how many posts show up on a page... the Trump thread, for instance, has gone from something like 9 pages to 30+. I don't see the option anywhere to change how many posts are displayed per page for me. Any suggestions?

3. cowzrul

cowzrul Distinguished 1998

Rating
    100%
    Bumped an old classified ad. Went to "new posts" and it doesn't show up. Are the classifieds still a part of the forum or sectioned off?

Another member just bumped a classified and his showed up under "new posts". Could it be just some of the sub-forums?

4. Okuma

Administrator
    So this is how it works. When you click "new posts" it only shows stuff that is new to you. If you were the last to post in your thread then there is nothing new to see and t won't show up. If you click "What's New" it will show all the newest stuff whether you've seen it or not.

I recommend that instead of bumping your ad you use the "Post an ad" link at the top to start a new one in the new system.

5. NikatKimber

NikatKimber Moderator Staff Member

Rating
    100%
    I'm in. Haven't looked around yet though.

6. cowzrul

cowzrul Distinguished 1998

Rating
    100%
    Will do. I did just noticed the Whats New and it worked as you described.

7. Okuma

Administrator
    Yeah, some people like it one way and some the other, so I offer both.

8. Shoot Summ

Shoot Summ Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Like the new format, looking for a non-firearm ad I posted yesterday, can't seem to locate it?

NM, just noticed the "notice"...

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
  9. gfercaks33

gfercaks33 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    So far it works, is there a theme that's less white?

Edit: figured it out, I was looking for a drop down.

10. Okuma

Administrator
    Yes, click "OSA Default Style" at the bottom left of any page to see the options.