Welding hood with a fan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ARnut

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I am here to pick some brains from the smart people at OSA. I have a miller auto dark hood that would work with their cooling belt system, but for 250 dollars I don’t know if that would be worth it. Anyone used one?
I am thinking about installing a computer fan and battery in it but I am not that good with electronics. Anyone done this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty easy, use a small (2 inch) fan and hang the battery off your belt. Without working the numbers will take a pretty good battery to last any length of time.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just a tip for welders if you have boots with the stitching running from the top to the toe you can spray them with clear flex seal and they will last longer sorry wasn’t trying to hijack just passing along a tip

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Even easier get a 40 cm fan and a 9v battery with one of the little clips to connect to it. Most pc fans will run just fine on 9v if just a little slower. If you want something that moves a ton of air get something like https://www.ebay.com/itm/Supermicro...249802?hash=item520ac8cbca:g:ycwAAOSwlzZbDvpp The fans are designed to spin up to around 12k RPM and there are two that are counter rotating. 7 of them fit in a 1U server and can move something like 16 cfm even with head pressure.

Latest posts

Top Bottom