Well…… Gun buying is officially outta the question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, someone has to post it eventually...

1626964726492.png

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What do you do to prevent loss from power outages or leaving the freezer door open, etc?

I left one of my freezer doors slightly open overnight and lost a pile of deer burger and want to prevent that from happening again... Maybe an alarm of some sort that goes off at a certain temp?
Put you one of those hinge clasps on the door so it is manually locked and not just reliant on the magnetic seal.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had to restock the freezer today. Got a 1/2 beef for $3.00/lb. steaks, briskets, roasts, burger, the whole 9 yards. 446 pounds of meat and a good chunk of change later the freezer is ready for winter. Ouch.
I've had one upright and two chest freezers fail in the last decade...I've lost hundreds of dollars or more. I have now went back to an upright but I can tell you I'm very reserved now when it comes to stocking up too much...I bought a smaller unit than I would have liked to just because these dang appliances keep going out. I still have the almost new chest freezers and I'm sure for someone who knows appliances it is a cheap/easy fix for both of them. LMK in PM if anyone wants a deal on a chest freezer that needs repair :)

Best of luck; I hope your freezer works the entire time you have all that meat!

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
dang, a half at 446 lbs is huge. What did you butcher an old Jersey milk cow? That was a serious question, I know a guy who buys low priced Jerseys that a dairy is culling because its old and they make fine eating...the biggest T bone I ever seen too.
Now if that was the hanging weight, its still big but not much bigger than when I butcher a 1200 lb steer. Those usually yeild about 350 lbs in the freezer.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
dang, a half at 446 lbs is huge. What did you butcher an old Jersey milk cow? That was a serious question, I know a guy who buys low priced Jerseys that a dairy is culling because its old and they make fine eating...the biggest T bone I ever seen too.
Now if that was the hanging weight, its still big but not much bigger than when I butcher a 1200 lb steer. Those usually yeild about 350 lbs in the freezer.

I’m not sure of the breed but it was a good sized critter evidently. Good thing. We needed meat.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had one upright and two chest freezers fail in the last decade...I've lost hundreds of dollars or more. I have now went back to an upright but I can tell you I'm very reserved now when it comes to stocking up too much...I bought a smaller unit than I would have liked to just because these dang appliances keep going out. I still have the almost new chest freezers and I'm sure for someone who knows appliances it is a cheap/easy fix for both of them. LMK in PM if anyone wants a deal on a chest freezer that needs repair :)

Best of luck; I hope your freezer works the entire time you have all that meat!
Our freezer is new. I realize that doesn’t mean much anymore. But we keep a close eye on it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom