Well, all you “social warriors” that say you boycotted the Super Bowl….

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You sure missed a great game to watch. Five couples of us got together. Great food, the ladies sat around a table in the kitchen talking, and the guys had the game all to our selves. Half time we went out into the owners shop to see some of his in-process projects so we didn’t have to watch the halftime “show”. Great evening.
Didn't watch a minute of it although at a Superbowl party. 8 couples that were of like mind. TV was on and muted only to see what the score was at each quarter.
We gambled on the game with squares. One game payout on the score at each quarter, and the other on the final score. One couple won three quarters and the final score pot. How lucky is that!
Time spent with good friends in conversation is worth 10X more than some football game where the participants have disrespected my flag and my anthem.
Yeah, they didn't do it tonight as I read, but it doesn't matter. They did it in the past and the NFL allowed it.
Fawk the NFL for three years now. They are dead to me along with all the other professional sports.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You sure missed a great game to watch. Five couples of us got together. Great food, the ladies sat around a table in the kitchen talking, and the guys had the game all to our selves. Half time we went out into the owners shop to see some of his in-process projects so we didn’t have to watch the halftime “show”. Great evening.
Good game, great playoffs aside from the first round.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pro sports haven’t interested me in several years. Rigged games and paying teams to lose don’t interest me.

I did listen to this tonight. When the next Jenks vs Union game, now that’s exciting!

I did catch a mess of catfish today, I see a fish fry in the near future 😊

Last edited:

RagdollOp

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do think that people need to take more of a stand against stuff. The belief that we should all just get along is what has caused us to get into the mess we are in. Just my opinion...

bubbaturbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw an article on Fox News that said all players were standing for the National Anthem. I thought "okay, I'll tune-in and have a look". The halftime show had just started and I could only watch about 2 minutes - it sucked. I flipped back to my original programming.
Didn't watch but glad they all stood. Now I wish we could get everyone to stop yelling home of the "sooners" instead of "home of the brave" at the OU football games. It's the national anthem, not a football cheer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom