Well, all you “social warriors” that say you boycotted the Super Bowl….

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife and I used to watch and really enjoyed the food, friends, and commercials. Since moving to Oklahoma we do not have the circle of friends we used to. We also have grown tired of the politicization of professional sports.
We have not watched a game or Super Bowl for that matter for 3-4 years. The only thing I miss is the food and friends.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't even know who was playing until I saw the pre-game screen (muted) at my sister's house. Had some gumbo, crab dip....great visit with Dad and my son. Left before the game, my lifetime boycott of football remains intact.

I heard the halftime show was exceptional, lol.

Bread and circuses.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, they didn't do it tonight as I read, but it doesn't matter. They did it in the past and the NFL allowed it.
The NFL had no choice. They tried to stop it when it first started, but the NFLPA (the players' union) took them to court because that behavior was not covered under the collective bargaining agreement. (The NFLPA did not, AFAIK, take a position on whether the kneeling was right or wrong, just that the NFL couldn't enforce rules that weren't in the CBA.)

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like football.

So I always feel out of place in football threads on OSA.
Why? I don’t think any of the non-watchers are demanding you don’t watch it. And I haven’t seen any of the watchers demand you to watch it. Just politely exchanging our thoughts on our own stances.
It’s a David McMillan thread, everybody be chill up in here. Feel free to share and do your thang. It seems like it’s about 50:50 for watchers vs non-watchers. So, you’re probably gonna be the tiebreaker for the majority. No pressure here though. 😀

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to be a huge fan, that was until they used the venue to disrespect my flag then I quit watching. I can honestly say that I haven't missed it a bit. I understand they have the right to protest, but the reasons they site have no basis in reality. Additionally, if they really felt that strongly about their *cause* wouldn't you see or hear more of them in the off-season? Apparently not. I guess the hip hop and strip clubs they frequent are much more important when they aren't in the limelight with all the television cameras on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom