Well crap #987

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dammitt, Rick! You gotta' quit doing that stuff! I know what you mean about not wanting to ask for help ... being used to doing everything for yourself ... but there comes a time!!! I've got some projects, one in particular, that need to be finished up but they will wait until help is available! Yeah, it pisses me off that I can't still do it all myself, but it is what it is! You're not gonna' be any help at all laying there in that pine box!

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m the same as in wanting/needing to do it myself and not wanting to ask for help.

When I was down after prostrate surgery, my wife told me people who want to help get pleasure out of helping and when I choose not to let them help it takes that away from them.

Yeah, it’s hard to not do it yourself and not ask for help, but when you don’t let them help it hurts them maybe about as much as it does you.

Be careful there bups.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rick, I know you're trying man, but be careful. Stuff can sneak up on you.

I fell twice here at home when I first started getting weak with the Covid. My right arm is still messed up from the shoulder dislocation last summer, and I couldn't even get up off the floor. Fortunately, Sweetie's old 3G phone was low enough I could scoot over and reach it (thankfully, I've kept it charged) and call a friend for help.

Hope you and your wife get well soon.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rick, I know you're trying man, but be careful. Stuff can sneak up on you.

I fell twice here at home when I first started getting weak with the Covid. My right arm is still messed up from the shoulder dislocation last summer, and I couldn't even get up off the floor. Fortunately, Sweetie's old 3G phone was low enough I could scoot over and reach it (thankfully, I've kept it charged) and call a friend for help.

Hope you and your wife get well soon.

You guys ... (That's twice today now! 🤔🤔) I'm glad you were able to get some help.

I've had my fair share of stupid accidents over the years. Being too proud to ask for help ain't some badge of honor ... At least that's what an ER doc told me once. ... Lol I'm starting to think he might be on to something there. The older I get the worse it hurts when I bounce off the floor. Especially if I start from higher up than the ground. 😋

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rick, did you have time to film the event? I'd help a lot otherwise without at least a photo or it didn't happen. Hope the wife is doing well by now!
I've fallen before and about three days later couldn't figure why I hurt and then it dawned on me....

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I propose an OSA work day once a month where we go to member’s houses for a few hours and help out with things that need doing. @RickN will get the whole first quarter. 😁

Praying and hoping the missus gets feeling better soon. Broken ribbies ain’t no joke and wouldn’t wish that on my enemy.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Rick, did you have time to film the event? I'd help a lot otherwise without at least a photo or it didn't happen. Hope the wife is doing well by now!
I've fallen before and about three days later couldn't figure why I hurt and then it dawned on me....
Wife is tucked up in the bed waiting for the meatloaf and veggies to get done. I made her cinnamon rolls today, made venison chili for lunch and now B&B meatloaf with veggies. She is a happy camper. (pain pills are not hurting either)
I propose an OSA work day once a month where we go to member’s houses for a few hours and help out with things that need doing. @RickN will get the whole first quarter. 😁

Praying and hoping the missus gets feeling better soon. Broken ribbies ain’t no joke and wouldn’t wish that on my enemy.
Nice idea but there are others that need help more. I will have most of my stuff done within a day or two.

Meatloaf.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom