Well Crap again!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm in the process of sandblasting the inside of the mowing deck on my 13 year old ZTR which I will repaint with epoxy to keep it from clogging up with the adobe that forms when the moist grass gets blended with the Oklahoma red dust that gets sucked up with the grass. Hopefully, the slick surface of the epoxy will keep the adobe from sticking and building up. Hmm - maybe I ought to wax it as well ...

I'm also replacing the bearings on some idler pulleys, sharpening the blades, and doing the routine oil change and greasing. Oh, and I need to replace the v-belt that drives the blades.

Woody

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man i dont know what to say about you guys waiting so late to getting ready to mow,lol, I have had my mower out and working since the first of march if i waited this late my grass and weeds would be knee high to a giraffe by now. Maybe its a northern thing, lol.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@RickN

Walls Bargain Center in Del City has a selection of new riding mowers. I saw entry level Cub Cadet XT1's and Troy Built's equivalent.

Walls .................... Home Depot

Cub XT1 $1199 ..... $1599
TB Pony $1149 ..... $1549

Both of these are 42" manual transmission. These are brand new. I saw the shipping crates on the edge of their parking lot.

Best of luck in your solution!!

AMAZING prices! wish I knew about that when I got one. Although I do with I had gotten something a little heavier duty...They say putting Mobil-1 15w50 in the tranny makes a huge difference...I just wish they included a drain plug! Can anyone recommend reasonable mower mechanic who could change the trans oil for me so I don't have to waste time pulling it out myself?

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Got my Hustler out last week to change oil and filter and sharpen blades only to find a pack rat the size of a possum had taken up residency under the seat. That mot&$#@#$&er spent all winter chewing up the wires, the bottom of the seat, the black foam off the steering handles, the spark plug wire and all kinds of other stuff from many items in the garage. After securing an old 9 iron and a short chase by my dog and I we had him “treed” behind the corner pipe and a C-purlin of the garage wall. He tried to be sneaky by using the bottom side of the purlin for his escape. I grabbed a can of Great Stuff expanding foam and started putting it in between the sheet metal wall and the purlin. I had the Ping 9 iron club face wedged in the other side. He was not liking his predicament and tried to get past my 2nd favorite club behind the pitching wedge only to find his beady eyed head smashed like the rat bastard he was. I hate rats.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:clap3::clap3::clap3:

murphranch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm in the process of sandblasting the inside of the mowing deck on my 13 year old ZTR which I will repaint with epoxy to keep it from clogging up with the adobe that forms when the moist grass gets blended with the Oklahoma red dust that gets sucked up with the grass. Hopefully, the slick surface of the epoxy will keep the adobe from sticking and building up. Hmm - maybe I ought to wax it as well ...

I'm also replacing the bearings on some idler pulleys, sharpening the blades, and doing the routine oil change and greasing. Oh, and I need to replace the v-belt that drives the blades.

Woody

What’s the little clover with the purple flower? Henbit? It holds a lot of moisture and is bad about building up and clogging the decks.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What’s the little clover with the purple flower? Henbit? It holds a lot of moisture and is bad about building up and clogging the decks.

We have a couple small patches of those little purple flowered weeds, but they get knocked down with weed killer, and there is only about 200 square feet of the stuff when it is there compared to the approximately 80,000 square feet that gets mowed. Our big problem is what there is of it combined with all the other weeds that get mowed down outside the lawn surrounding the house. What we have for a lawn is about 20,000 square feet, leaving the other 60,000 square feet of weeds to help clog the mower deck. In any case, it wasn't much of a problem until the underside of the deck lost its pain and began to rust, making nice little pits for the stuff to adhere to.

It's a good thing we don't mow the whole five acres! We would need a bush hog if we did!

Woody

Latest posts

Top Bottom