Well, I finally done it - Social Security, it ain't social, and it ain't security.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Or a grossly overweight person. We made a trip to one of the SS offices once and of about 8 people in the waiting room, only two of us were of the age to draw retirement benefits. The other person came over to me and asked why those other people were there since they didn't look old enough. I told her that they were disability recipients and that some of them were probably also getting free medical care. I thought that last part because I overheard something to the effect of one of them asking to get a medical appointment.
I’m a fat arse and make it to work. If they cut off the freebies for those turds they would loose some weight and find work. It irritates me to no avail that these pieces of work can collect our money for stuffing their faces.

alnpar

Old Truckers Never Die
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with xseler. SS is something you paid for and earned by working. The government forced you and your employer to contribute YOUR money to the program. It's YOUR money you're getting back. Just like MediCare.

I can apply for my SS payments in Sep and should get my first check in Jan. It's about damn time I got MY money back. I don't feel bad about that at all and neither should you.
We need to DEMAND more of our money. With all the inflation We can't afford a new roof, or even get repairs due to Calif moving in on us. And our medicare and deductibles or even higher. Same for Auto repairs now at $125. per hour. Hell, mim wage is $12.65 and hour for a 15 year old kid I think here in AZ.
But since O Vomit want to keep our Borders Open and paying for all their needs, be are forgotten... AGAIN. Over 2.1 Million so far this year that has been caught. Guessing half that or more that never got caught. But they somehow get Gov Assistance.
I'm thinking I might go see if I can get Food Stamps or SNAPP I guess they call it now!

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can interest, dividends and investment income effect the SS monthly payments?

No... It's determined by your work history. Not investments. You have to have so many "credits" based on work history to qualify for payment. The more you paid in over your work history the more you get back...up to a certain point.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I'd just like to say congrats to all you ole fellas that did your time in the work force and are now retired or jsut about there. Not matter how you got there I'm sure it wasn't always easy nor fun but you did it. I have 8-12 years left so a bit jealous.

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have 4 years to go till i get full retirement benefits. I invested pretty heavily in oil stocks in early 2020 and it paid off for me. I retired in 2015 to take care of my Mom and it was the best thing i have ever done.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We need to DEMAND more of our money. With all the inflation We can't afford a new roof, or even get repairs due to Calif moving in on us. And our medicare and deductibles or even higher. Same for Auto repairs now at $125. per hour. Hell, mim wage is $12.65 and hour for a 15 year old kid I think here in AZ.
But since O Vomit want to keep our Borders Open and paying for all their needs, be are forgotten... AGAIN. Over 2.1 Million so far this year that has been caught. Guessing half that or more that never got caught. But they somehow get Gov Assistance.
I'm thinking I might go see if I can get Food Stamps or SNAPP I guess they call it now!
Is that $12.65 per hour a state mandated minimum wage codified into law?

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can interest, dividends and investment income effect the SS monthly payments?

If you have too much income (from your MAGI on your tax form) it can affect your Medicare premiums (as in higher cost), and once you go on SS your Medicare premiums are taken from your monthly SS benefit. So yes, it can affect the bottom line.

Latest posts

Top Bottom