Well I had a good run…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Man that sucks. Time to get the gaming setup/TV fired up and catch up on some video games or movies. That’s pretty much all I did when I had it. By day 5 or 6 I lost most of my sense of taste and smell. Had a little cough, crazy intense body aches, and unbelievable amounts of fatigue. My doctor gave me a volumetric exerciser and a blood oxygen monitor to use. I feel like that helped things not get any worse, I highly suggest getting one if they don’t give you one. I used that volumetric exerciser A LOT.
Take lots of vitamins and drink lots of water. I also drank a hot toddy every night to go with my theraflu tea stuff. Even if you don’t feel like eating you gotta keep your body fed too.
Had symptoms for exactly 2 weeks, and then fought with fatigue for another 7-10 days. I would go take the trash out, and then go back inside and take a nap on the couch for an hour. Lol. A month later I was back to 100% though.

unfortunately won’t be able to do much gaming I’m afraid. Have a 2 yr old to take care of that won’t get to go to daycare now because of me.

might watch some movies though.

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did all the vitamins plus queceterin and oil of oregano. 300lb, daily tobacco and weekend drinker with high blood pressure. If I made it, you can. Related, it's been 11 months and my taste and smell are only about halfway back.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife, son, and I all ended up catching it in the beginning of October. My son (being a short sighted teenage boy) was exposed at school doing something dumb and brought it home.

My son got what seemed to be a cold, but he cheers with a couple of girls who have a mom going through chemo so he wanted to get tested to be sure he wasn't taking anything to them. Tests come back negative that Friday morning. My wife and I tested negative for a concert on the following Thursday, but I started feeling a little under the weather Sunday afternoon but chalked it up to my normal 18 hours of mild cold symptoms almost every time I fly. Monday, I did curbside pickup for a bunch of Sudafed sinus meds and felt ok. That afternoon my son lets us know he had lost taste and smell at lunch. We get him tested Tuesday morning and now he tests positive even though all of his cold symptoms have subsided already. My wife and I work from home Tuesday through Friday, so we just quarantined ourselves until we had time to get tested the following Saturday which came up positive.

My symptoms: head cold and sinus headache managed well with OTC medication. Heavy fatigue and difficulty concentrating on difficult problems. Food tasted like cardboard and I forced myself to eat at least one can of soup a day to get some calories in. I already get semi-annual bloodwork to monitor and adjust my supplements to maintain my zinc, vitamin C, etc. I take about 15 different specific vitamins throughout the day in accordance with my most recent lab work. I averaged a little over 1lb of weight loss a day for the 11 days that my cold like symptoms lasted. I still have a very subdued sense of smell and taste.

My wifes symptoms: she had light chest congestion but no sinus issues that were also managed well with a chest congestion focused OTC medication. Her food all tasted over salted and she saw similar decrease in energy and appetite to me. I have also had her take Zinc, Vitamin D3, K2, Quercetin, Bromelain, etc. like was recommended for me as a precaution for cold and COVID.

My doctor prescribed us both Ivermectin compounded with even more D3 in it. Neither of us noticed any change at all in symptoms over the 5 days that we took it. Should I catch it again, I would not waste the money on it based on my experience. Our thought was if even a tiny percentage of the anecdotal stories have any accuracy, there is very low risk in giving it a shot at a prescribed dosage.

My daughter never tested positive, but did get her annual bout of strep throat when the cold front hit right before Halloween. <facepalm>

Getting rest I think did the most good for us. Also, any time we felt like we had the energy, we would go walk down our driveway to get some sunshine and get out of the house with the dogs. I think that helped our morale out a lot and got us some fresh air.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good luck, Glocker! I've come to dread catching it and have been staying a recluse due to it. My immune system is shot right now, totally, and I've been told that the vaccine isn't even an option for me. You can bet that I've been taking my vitamins and getting as much sunshine as I can though!

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did all the vitamins plus queceterin and oil of oregano. 300lb, daily tobacco and weekend drinker with high blood pressure. If I made it, you can. Related, it's been 11 months and my taste and smell are only about halfway back.
I smoke and drink like a crappy 60s b lot crime flick, need to quit both. I quit smoking for the 3 weeks I had symptoms, still kicking myself for not continuing the good habit.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I smoke and drink like a crappy 60s b lot crime flick, need to quit both. I quit smoking for the 3 weeks I had symptoms, still kicking myself for not continuing the good habit.
I’ve always found the best way to quit something is to pick a date and just quit. Don’t slowly quit something, never works long.

Latest posts

Top Bottom