Well I had a good run…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At least right now I can’t smell my babies poopy diapers.

It is a really strange feeling not being able to taste what you are eating. Kinda wanna try some spicy food to see what happens.
When I couldn’t smell fish sauce…. I didn’t think to try really hot food. I think it would have still burned.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At least right now I can’t smell my babies poopy diapers.

It is a really strange feeling not being able to taste what you are eating. Kinda wanna try some spicy food to see what happens.

When the wife and I had it we tried a lot of food to see what we could taste. Weird results - bland thing like refried beans I could taste fine. Tortillas - nope. Wasabi - nope. I figured the wasabi would still take my breath away, but it was as if I put water in my mouth. Really crazy. We tried some pie - I could taste sweet, but couldn't tell you what kind of pie it was.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When the wife and I had it we tried a lot of food to see what we could taste. Weird results - bland thing like refried beans I could taste fine. Tortillas - nope. Wasabi - nope. I figured the wasabi would still take my breath away, but it was as if I put water in my mouth. Really crazy. We tried some pie - I could taste sweet, but couldn't tell you what kind of pie it was.
I live to eat, I don’t eat to live. When it doesn’t taste good, I don’t eat despite how hungry I am.. So I dropped a lot of weight with COVID

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I live to eat, I don’t eat to live. When it doesn’t taste good, I don’t eat despite how hungry I am.. So I dropped a lot of weight with COVID

That's what we both said, but the loss of taste only lasted about a week for me. She's pretty much got her taste and smell back, but not 100%. (and this was in July when we got sick!)

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mine was the same way. I could taste sweet and spicy flavors but nothing else. It was really weird biting into a rib or steak and not tasting anything other than a subtle amount of spices.

Scented candles and hand soap were weird too. I would see them burning or washing my hands but absolutely no hint of any aroma coming from them. It did encourage me to double check batteries in all the smoke detectors though once I realized I couldnt smell smoke if something started to burn.

Latest posts

Top Bottom