Well I had a good run…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not a bad thing if you want to bea plumber or in a medical fieled doing patient care.

I found loss of taste/smell to be horrible, given I was someone who had a very good sense of smell.
Yeah, fortunately I still have a hard time smelling foul odors. It’s kinda nice. :)

Last edited:

R D Harmon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just got out of the hospital a while back. 78 yrs old. On oxygen now, but Drs say I will eventually get off of it. I have lost taste and smell. BUMMER!!! I also lost 19 Lbs while in the hospital. I suppose that is a good thing. LOL

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I basically slept for 72. Could barely get from bed to bathroom. Had a cough with lots of flim.
Wife had no energy, but not as severe.

We went to ER. Both tested positive

Gave her anti-biotic and sent home.

I was admitted. Pneumonia and Covid.
Food all tasted like cardboard. Ate red grapes, fresh pineapple, strawberries and cantalope, for a week. A few bites of other things, just for the calories, but it was forced.
Only drank fruit juice and lemonade.

After a week, added a salad, along with fruit bowl. Was eating 2-3 salads, a day, for 3 weeks, at hospital.

In hospital for a month, on o2. Thankfully, never incubated.

Home for a week, now. Eating better. On o2.
Still weak. Can move about house, but limit is about 100'. Still eating fruit, salads and popsicles.

Except for being on o2, Wife is about equal, but she still has taste issues.

It does affect everybody differently. Good luck on recovery.

I am 65. Have taken the vitamin supplements, all along. Don't smoke. Drink very little. Eat healthy. No vax. Try to avoid crowds.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Almost done with my quarantine period. I never got to sick. I think my temperature only reached 99°F. Worst thing to happen to me is loss of taste and smell. Of course I did get a pretty deep cough but my 02 stayed a steady 97. My legs were in an awful lot of achey pain too which I never quite figured out.

my toddler ended up getting Covid from me and thankfully he hasn’t gotten bad either. Little warm and a cough but he’s still been in a great mood.. My vaccinated wife still hasn’t gotten Covid from us two and she has been coughed on and kissed by the toddler. Guess the vaccine may work. At least in her case it has.

so far so good though. Being stuck at home has sure sucked. Oh and my taste and smell has already started to come back. Thank the Lord.

Latest posts

Top Bottom