Well I had a good run…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea the loss of taste and smell was my worst symptom, it'll be a year next week and it's still not real good.
Oddly, I never had the loss of taste or smell. I just had about ten days of 102-104 fever and an inability to sleep in my bed because I felt like I was drowning (for a little while, I could tell you every. dang. show. that was on TV after midnight in Tulsa). And fatigue like I’ve never experienced before, although that really started after the fever broke. It was so bad that I could barely stand up long enough to take a shower, and I had to sit down to towel off afterwards.

I don’t know which test they used, but I did the drive-through test at St. Francis on Friday afternoon and got the results on Saturday afternoon.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oddly, I never had the loss of taste or smell. I just had about ten days of 102-104 fever and an inability to sleep in my bed because I felt like I was drowning (for a little while, I could tell you every. dang. show. that was on TV after midnight in Tulsa). And fatigue like I’ve never experienced before, although that really started after the fever broke. It was so bad that I could barely stand up long enough to take a shower, and I had to sit down to towel off afterwards.

I don’t know which test they used, but I did the drive-through test at St. Francis on Friday afternoon and got the results on Saturday afternoon.
I went to the county health dept and had their test that was sent off. took a week to get the results back. LoL

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got tested today for Covid because I was around someone last week that had it unknowingly. Test came back positive. Made it all of last year and most of this year without getting it. I guess I had a good run. Never social distanced. Never wore a mask. Never got the jab. I feel like I had a pretty good run. Now I guess I’ll have some antibodies.

Still not showing any symptoms.
I got progressively worse, then really nose dived day 7. I hope yours stays mild.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
At least right now I can’t smell my babies poopy diapers.

It is a really strange feeling not being able to taste what you are eating. Kinda wanna try some spicy food to see what happens.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At least right now I can’t smell my babies poopy diapers.

It is a really strange feeling not being able to taste what you are eating. Kinda wanna try some spicy food to see what happens.
You may find out that the sensory loss is on the intake side but not the exhaust.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All of this is interesting, especially so with the symptoms that folks here are having.

While in Alabama, the wife developed a cough and mild fever and went in the next day to an urgent care to be tested. Within three hours, she was given the Monoclonal Antibody Infusion treatment. She was a little rocky that afternoon, but by evening, she was back to no fever, no cough, and feeling lots better. Since she wanted to do the 14 day isolation period at home, we left Alabama and headed home the next day, which was a Saturday.

On the way home, I had a cough and slight fever, so she booked an appointment for an urgent care for me on Sunday evening. I also tested positive for Covid (apparently both of us had the quick results test), and was scheduled for the Monoclonal Antibody Infusion for Monday afternoon.

Both of us had coughs and a slightly elevated fever. Neither of us lost our sense of taste, and she has not spoken of losing her sense of smell. (In my case, I've not had a sense of smell for a number of years. Ethyl Mercapten, Anhydrous Ammonia, and being a smoker for 41 years kind of fixed that for me. I can occasionally smell really strong odors such as skunks and f*rts.)

Our 14 days of isolation was without symptoms.

Latest posts

Top Bottom