Well, I tried, I honestly tried

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The older family members get, the more I recommend iphones for them. They're simple phones.
simpler phones? You have to drive thirty miles twice a week to try to figure out how the updates confuse them. When 9o year old people are confused by updates 60 year old people have to charge in there and pretend that they know all about updates. I'm trapped in a world I never made. I prefer dial-up party lines.

Last edited:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey, it's my first real cell phone.

I didn't know any better...
:drunk2:

It's cool, Mac. The only thing negative I have to say about my Motorola is that the company is Chinese owned. Not sure what Chinese company it is, but I really don't care. As for Samsung, my wife has now had at least 3 or 4 and never really had issues with them. Youngest son also now has a Samsung.

I've never cared for ANYTHING put out by Apple.

As one person I know quoted to me, "iPod, iPad, iPeed."

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My sister is 77, and her kids picked out her phone (an I-something?).

She doesn't like it at all. And it cost around $600.
MIL at 86 couldn't handle a smart phone. She is using a flip phone that has to be 20 years old. We gave her our old smart TV. She couldn't figure out the remote that was pretty minimal. I took some paper, cut out the volume, channel change, and power button so she was only looking at three buttons and taped it to the remote. She is ok with it now.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
MIL at 86 couldn't handle a smart phone. She is using a flip phone that has to be 20 years old. We gave her our old smart TV. She couldn't figure out the remote that was pretty minimal. I took some paper, cut out the volume, channel change, and power button so she was only looking at three buttons and taped it to the remote. She is ok with it now.
My sis had an older cell phone she liked (actually her late husband's I think), but it wound up in the toilet and lost its mind. I've no idea what it was.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I’m an admitted Apple fanboy. It’s getting where I hate their corporate policies but don’t know what I would switch to. I’m sure my life would be less complicated if I just had a dumb phone I could talk or text on. Got my 84 year old dad an IPhone 8 and Apple watch last year. After a few calls to me about things he seems to have got used to them. Android versus Apple seems to be a hot topic in some places. Both have come a long way the last few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Top Bottom