Well, I'm Not Ever Moving to Australia

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Parents went for their 50th Annv. Loved it, but Dad said they served Pork'n'beans with everything even breakfast.lol He said it was also very expensive, shaving cream was around $9.

That style of beans is what was served with every traditional English breakfast I ever ate in England or Ireland when I was living there. I always found it a bit odd, but hey, that's what they do. I don't care for their sausages, either. Not even just the "blood sausages" but their regular ones had a different texture, kinda mushy-like, as if they were putting grain in them or something.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know common citizens who have guns down under.

My understanding was that handguns are rare as hens' teeth, rifles are rare, and shotguns are the most common, although still not widespread at all. And that the rules for ownership require ammunition to be kept in a locked place completely separate from the firearm (also in a locked place), essentially making them useless for any type of common home defense. And that you needed to justify your need for a firearm, such as using a shotgun only for defending livestock or something, rifles are only for hunting and specifically limited to that. Nothing you can carry, not able to just go buy a gun, you have to go through an extensive government permit process and are subject to monitoring and your home being searched to verify compliance with storage requirements, etc.

Maybe I misunderstood, I have not actually read their laws directly.

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had an Australian girlfriend once. If they're all smokin like her I'd think about moving down there.

Might have to practice begging for my life on my knees skills. You know...just in case.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom