Well it happened today.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the kid wasn't there, you should have sent one down range to get his attention.

OOPS! I was concentrating on my sight picture.

Believe me the thought crossed my mind. :)

I ended up just sitting back and enjoying the great October weather. I took the time to swing my spotting scope over onto thier targets to see how they were doing. I think the deer are safe, but all the other hunters better duck. Ha!!!!

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Idiots should be banned. I saw some stupid people start shooting with people down range. The guy had walked the range line and asked for a cold firing line which everyone stopped. Two teenage boys started shooting which immediately got everyone yelling at them. Im thinking they were family members who never had range orientation but had the gate code to get in. They also lacked commom sense and any safe gun handling training. They immediately left but I think someone got the tag number. I was glad no one was hurt. It pays to always be aware. Good for you Old fart for paying attention.

backspur

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw this today. I hope they don't hunt public land.
tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_14_10_12_f6c55379e63b452d0a4d2692887a9bb7.jpg

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw this today. I hope they don't hunt public land.
tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_14_10_12_f6c55379e63b452d0a4d2692887a9bb7.jpg

What are we seeing here? What I notice is more bodies than I'm comfortable shooting with, I'd just leave if the line looked like that at the range. Is it the fact that there are those guys standing "in" the line rather than behind it?

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The vertical foregrip is there "because" they lack sights, you don't want to fight muzzle climb while you're just eyeballing those 2nd, 3rd & 4th 100 yard shots on a whitetail.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well for me sometimes I just get a feeling about someone. I was kind of keeping an eye on them anyway. They just didn't act like they had much experience. I guess it was a good thing for them. Plus when I pulled out my AR they about crapped themselves oogling it. It's nothing special, just a basic rifle. I hope they get some safety training before they move into a semi.

Latest posts

Top Bottom