Welp, our house caught it

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pretty sure atwwods yanked it off the shelves
That was Tractor Supply. Atwoods still had it, but it was locked in a case with a note that said it was only to be sold to people with horses, or something to that effect (I wasn't really interested, so I didn't read it that closely), at least at the Atwoods in BA.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That was Tractor Supply. Atwoods still had it, but it was locked in a case with a note that said it was only to be sold to people with horses, or something to that effect (I wasn't really interested, so I didn't read it that closely), at least at the Atwoods in BA.
Take a picture of somebody's horse if you go to Atwoods and don't have one. Our local Atwoods had that sign also and you had to prove you had a horse. A picture of your horse on your phone would suffice I was told by someone who did that.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A talk with management does too. They tend to not be thrilled with idiots that take out half their workforce.

That is kinda the problem with her employer. Its almost too laid back. The "management" consists of the owner of the business and one other lady who acts as the HR. Other than that there is no management. Don't get me wrong, for the most part my wife loves her job, but the personnel management is severely lacking. Between the ongoing drama (and from what my wife tells me its worse than highschool up there) and the lack of covid discipline I'm surprised any work gets done. But, as I said, my wife loves the actual job and she is very good at it.

So far today OTC meds have helped with most of the symptoms. Taking Robitussin DM for the cough, Tylenol for the fever and aches, EmergenC with elderberry for vitamin C and other vitamins, and an albuterol inhaler for help with breathing. Pulse ox has been good and wife is already feeling better, so will just have to see how fast this works through her system. For myself the chest congestion has eased up without medication (though I have been vaping an eliquid that has some menthol in it, just not sure if I can count that as "medication" lol), no other symptoms have cropped up yet. Step-son and I are going to get tested tomorrow morning. I hope its not positive (for obvious reasons) because its a mandatory 14 day out of work. I have plenty of vacation time to cover it, but rather spend that for ... well.... vacation.

All in all I'm not too worried. Yes, I have some concerns that it might get worse for one and/or all of us. As long as the symptoms do not get any worse, I'll just be happy to be done with it. As I said before, I sincerely hope this omicrong (omnicron?) variant wave is the one that provides enough herd immunity through contraction that covid burns itself out.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know ALOT of people that have or have had covid, and I don’t know anyone that’s been hospitalized or died. Having a halfway healthy lifestyle and taking vitamins seems to be reoccurring theme. Some have taken ivermectin, and some have not. The folks that have including me think it helped, but I have no scientific proof. Some have lost their taste and smell, and some did not including me. Some had congestion, and some did not including me. However, everyone I know including me had a lot of general body aches.
This current variant doesn’t seem to be much more than a common cold, but it‘s rampant here in east TX.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Immediately (today, now) start taking these supplements. Find a doctor that will prescribe Ivermectin and a pharmacy that will dispense it. Be ready to pay non-insurance prices to get the Ivermectin because most insurance don't want to pay for it.

https://americasfrontlinedoctors.org/covid/treatment-options/
https://covid19criticalcare.com/wp-...LCCC-Alliance-I-MASKplus-Protocol-ENGLISH.pdf
Consult your Doctor and Pharmacist to check for interactions with other meds one is taking. You don't want to cause a health crisis with drugs working against each other. :hey3:

Riley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is kinda the problem with her employer. Its almost too laid back. The "management" consists of the owner of the business and one other lady who acts as the HR. Other than that there is no management. Don't get me wrong, for the most part my wife loves her job, but the personnel management is severely lacking. Between the ongoing drama (and from what my wife tells me its worse than highschool up there) and the lack of covid discipline I'm surprised any work gets done. But, as I said, my wife loves the actual job and she is very good at it.

So far today OTC meds have helped with most of the symptoms. Taking Robitussin DM for the cough, Tylenol for the fever and aches, EmergenC with elderberry for vitamin C and other vitamins, and an albuterol inhaler for help with breathing. Pulse ox has been good and wife is already feeling better, so will just have to see how fast this works through her system. For myself the chest congestion has eased up without medication (though I have been vaping an eliquid that has some menthol in it, just not sure if I can count that as "medication" lol), no other symptoms have cropped up yet. Step-son and I are going to get tested tomorrow morning. I hope its not positive (for obvious reasons) because its a mandatory 14 day out of work. I have plenty of vacation time to cover it, but rather spend that for ... well.... vacation.

All in all I'm not too worried. Yes, I have some concerns that it might get worse for one and/or all of us. As long as the symptoms do not get any worse, I'll just be happy to be done with it. As I said before, I sincerely hope this omicrong (omnicron?) variant wave is the one that provides enough herd immunity through contraction that covid burns itself out.
If you can find some Quercetin I'd recommend grabbing a jar or two. It's kind of a low dose Ivermectin and available on Amazon etc...

Latest posts

Top Bottom