Went to the eye doctor recently...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's time for my yearly eye exam....Last year my doctor said I had early stage cataracts and would need to have them removed in a couple of years....I've worn glasses for 60 something years like DavidMcMillan posted and now I think I'll check into having corrective lenses implanted like he did.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife was diagnosed with cataracts a couple months ago. However, she had her second knee replacement on Monday, and the expense of that has forced us to postpone getting her eyes fixed.
It really doesn’t matter if you can see if you can’t walk or is it the other way around...:anyone:

I haven’t been to any doctor since 2004ish, but I haven’t been to an eye doctor since 1979. I haven’t been to a dentist since 1989. With all my wife’s problems, it’s a good thing I’m healthy.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I opted to have both eyes corrected to “far sighted”, so I often use cheaters for reading, etc. A couple of my friends went the route of having one eye for reading and the other for distance.

I still have not fully adjusted to my new “aim” for handgun shooting.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Word to the wise - when you have sudden appearance of lots of "floaters" and/or flashing bright lights get to the eye doctor ASAP (Call and tell them whats happening and they'll get you in that day or the next)...I believe this happens to us all once we get to a certain age.....64 for me.

It is probably just one of those normal aging things: the gel that fills the eyeball shrinks a bit as we age and pulls away from the optic nerve. Usually no harm occurs BUT sometimes a tear in your retina occurs that needs to be zapped by a laser to repair it......otherwise loss of sight occurs.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ryan Conley at Triad did cataract surgery on my eyes in 2011. I highly recommend him.
Only side effects were floaters. I had them removed last year via vitrectomy in both eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dr. Conley did my late wife's eyes in 2008 and he will be doing mine, too.

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom