Went to the eye doctor recently...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And today, I was as Triad Eye center. The outcome? I have cataracts in both eyes. I'll be having the lens on the left eye replaced on Friday, June 4th, with the right eye to be done probably two weeks after that. When I'm done, I'll only need glasses for close up work. I would have been able to get my astigmatism corrected at the same time but that option added $1,000 to my copay of $275 per eye. That's $1,000 for each eye!

The only problem is, I'm going to have to conserve my funds to be able to afford the copays, so I'll have to wait a little longer to finish my 17 Design AR build. That is, unless I finally get the extra income tax refund from my unemployment insurance for last year--then I'll be go to go.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"Floaters" in your eye... I donna wanna say how that sounds LOL
As my eye Dr explained it to me as I got some a week ago, as you age, tiny strands of your vitreous (the gel-like fluid that fills your eye) stick together and cast shadows on your retina (the light-sensitive layer of tissue at the back of the eye). Those shadows appear as floaters.
They are attached to the nerve in the retina and become detached.
According to my Dr. they can float around for awhile, and then settle to the bottom of the eye and go away or stay in place.
If they stay in place there is a surgery that can be done, but it's not recommended unless it's a serious case.
Don't notice them for the most part in my case unless my eyes are closed so it appears to not be serious. It's not my shooting eye which is the best part. :D

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was told in january at a eye exam, she does not want me going outside with out sunglasses or my prescription glasses with transition lenses since I have the start of cataracts in both eyes. She said there is a slight ring around each lens.

My left eye also has a good sized part of it that has detached from the eye wall, now that there is a pic of it on file, she can monitor it.

I now wear glasses, LOL, cause this getting older **** is fun you know.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had really bad floaters for decades. Eye doctor said nothing could be done about them I just had to live with them.

They are really bad so between my floaters and dirty glasses my vision is usually obscured by something. I'm constantly cleaning my glasses but the floaters stick around. I have kind of developed an eye exercise rolling them and snapping them up and down sharply to reposition the floaters for awhile.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Two years ago I had cataracts removed in both eyes and corrective lenses implanted. I wore glasses for 60 something years and no longer need them. The first thing I noticed was how vivid colors were. My experience with this surgery was outstanding. Lovely bride will have hers in three weeks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom