Went to the eye doctor recently...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've always managed to get conjunctivitis rather easily. If I'm around smokers, I get it, stay awake more than 24 hrs, put in contacts... For me to have eye surgery, I'll need to be unconscious, or I'll be getting violent to get away. The puff of air during an eye exam makes me want to inflict pain on them.

I know what you mean about that puff of air. They commonly had to do mine several times because my "blink" reflex was much faster than their instruments! Very recently, they have come up with a new instrument to measure it that does not require the 'puff.'

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got home about 15 minutes ago. The procedure went much easier than I expected. Next step is the first check-up this afternoon. It should be the next day but since that's Saturday...

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Update: Had my second follow up appointment yesterday. Doctor says I'm doing great and the eyesight in my left eye is improving. I could tell, as I was able to drive myself to the appointment without wearing my glasses! They also scheduled the surgery for my right eye--the procedure will happen a week from tomorrow, Friday, June 18th. I also found out how to get my license changed--I can either get a form from the DMV for the surgeon to fill out or, if I'm lucky and persuasive enough, have them do an eye test right then and there.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have cataracts just starting. I went to the doctor's yesterday about getting them fixed and he said my vision was too good to have them done yet. I said ok we'll do them later. It was kind of funny when I left the house to get to the doctor's office I followed him ( in his Testla ) to his office. I live around the corner from him on the same street.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow I have never been to an eye doctor in my life and Im 50. Never had a reason to. But after reading this thinking maybe I should.
My doctor recommends having eyes checked regularly because it saved his life. An eye exam revealed cancer that took his eye, but caught early enough to not be a danger to him.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just got back from the Memorial Surgery Center. I am now cataract free! I can't say enough about the surgery center, its people, and my surgeon, Dr. Ryan Connolly. Both surgeries went much easier than I expected and my left eye is healing nicely.

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom