Went to the eye doctor recently...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just got back from the Memorial Surgery Center. I am now cataract free! I can't say enough about the surgery center, its people, and my surgeon, Dr. Ryan Connolly. Both surgeries went much easier than I expected and my left eye is healing nicely.

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

Congrats! Hope things continue to progress nicely!

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats! Hope things continue to progress nicely!

As of now, I'm using a $10 pair of 1.25x reading glasses. I'm wondering if after all is said and done if that's all I need. If so, I want the ones with the magnetic catch in the bridge like that one pathologist that was on one of those crime procedural shows.

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great news! You are going to love your new “view of life”. My lovely bride is in between eyes, and will have the second one done this coming Tuesday. She is already amazed at the difference after having the first eye done a week ago. Truly amazing. Something for you young folks to look forward to…

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have cataracts just starting. I went to the doctor's yesterday about getting them fixed and he said my vision was too good to have them done yet. I said ok we'll do them later. It was kind of funny when I left the house to get to the doctor's office I followed him ( in his Testla ) to his office. I live around the corner from him on the same street.
. I spoke to my Ophthalmologist about when mine would be removed and he said, "When they get bad enough to bother you." Whatever that means, I can't see small print, read words well on TV or road sign too well lately. But it's a sign of the times.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
. I spoke to my Ophthalmologist about when mine would be removed and he said, "When they get bad enough to bother you." Whatever that means, I can't see small print, read words well on TV or road sign too well lately. But it's a sign of the times.

We had used the same optometrist for about 20 years. He was the one that finally told me in 2013 that the best he could correct me to was 20/25 with glasses. He said that by 2014, I would be needing the surgery, so we went ahead and got it done in 2013. As it was, we retired in 2014, so I still had some good insurance from work.

Needless to say, I might not have "recognized" the need for the surgery.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I ain't no doctor ... didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night ... but it sounds to me like it might be time!

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Last time I went to the eye doctor, was 5 years ago. He started rambling on about macular something another and said I needed to start getting shots in my eyes and to make a follow up appointment as I was leaving. Went to check out and the nice lady asked when the Dr would like to see me next, told her he didn’t mention anything and said my goodbye.

Ain’t a chance in hell I’m getting needles stuck in my eyes.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last time I went to the eye doctor, was 5 years ago. He started rambling on about macular something another and said I needed to start getting shots in my eyes and to make a follow up appointment as I was leaving. Went to check out and the nice lady asked when the Dr would like to see me next, told her he didn’t mention anything and said my goodbye.

Seems better than the alternative.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

If it was macular degeneration, try what I am using. It was prescribed by my optometrist in late 2018 when he noticed that I had MD. i get this at Walmart.

Equate Vision Formula 50+

While he actually prescribed a different brand, when I showed him the ingredients of this brand, he said it was good. I take one pill both morning and evening. A year after he prescribed this and I started taking it, when he examined me again, he made no mention of the MD, so I asked him about it. He looked again and said things looked good, so the stuff must be working.

Latest posts

Top Bottom