"We're the only plane in the sky"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This story is long, but very different than any article i've read before. And it's very good.

It's a series of one to two sentence quotes from those on air force one on 9/11. It's not always comforting, and it's chaos, but it's also very us.

It's a story i'm not sure too many have heard. In many ways, it's a story about when we came together.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/09/were-the-only-plane-in-the-sky-214230

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. It was one of those days that seemed like yesterday. I was sitting watching it unfold at the hospital waiting for my nephew to be born. When I see him I realize it's been a few.

At the time seeing people having to jump from the buildings,I was thinking what kind of world is this kid being brought into.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great article.

A fellow on the radio brought up a great point. It happened 15 years ago. Kids who are under 15 do not know about it. Make an effort to show them it is important to you, talk about it and perhaps share some video of the real deal (making it age appropriate). They need to learn about it and to the best of my knowledge the schools either say nothing about it or precious little.

Latest posts

Top Bottom