Western Heights teachers’ pay docked for participating in walkout

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Home school them big fella! Sounds like you got it locked down! Take them out of public education and teach them at your kitchen table! I’ll bet they’ll be superstars when they get done.

I didn't realize I could opt out of education funding taxes just by home schooling. You, big fella, are a genius!

Sampson

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The question was how does he stop funding teachers when the service they provide is poor. Does one pay less taxes for home schooling?

These threads drive me nuts and here’s why we love to b!!tch and complain but we don’t do a dang thing to help find a solution. How about get involved with the school board take some action. Do something other than sit on your butt complaining about it. If it’s really that important to you, find a solution to the problem.

Have you been to the school board meeting?

Have you taken the time to go speak with the superintendent of your schools?

I’ll wager its a solid NO. But we sure don’t mind sitting around typing on our phones running down the teachers who get summers off and have to strike just to get anyone to listen to them. They are also paid a crap salary to deal with our kids.
Benefits??? Suck. wife taught for three years and decide we would qualify for food stamps if I wasn’t working too. So, she quit and got a better job. No regrets on that move btw.

Fire them. Why, because they took a stance and stood up for themselves?

I have kids in public school and we had to extend the school year because of it. Am I upset by this NO and am I saying fire the teachers, Nope!

I’m sure I’m the only one here that supports the teachers, which is fine. I think they deserve a raise. If you think they don’t go sit in class with your kid for 8 hours a day and see what kind of crap they have to put up with. You couldn’t pay me to do their job. They get chit from the kids, from the principal, the school board and last but not least parents who want you to raise their kids for them. They think lil Johnny should get the best-education he can so he can be successful in life but in return we aren’t going to support the people who are spending their day trying to teach him.

If you don’t like the service move lil Johnny to another school district or better yet, pay the big bucks and put him in private school or home school him.

Do something other than sitting around pissing and moaning about it.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
These threads drive me nuts and here’s why we love to b!!tch and complain but we don’t do a dang thing to help find a solution. How about get involved with the school board take some action. Do something other than sit on your butt complaining about it. If it’s really that important to you, find a solution to the problem.

Have you been to the school board meeting?

Have you taken the time to go speak with the superintendent of your schools?

I’ll wager its a solid NO. But we sure don’t mind sitting around typing on our phones running down the teachers who get summers off and have to strike just to get anyone to listen to them. They are also paid a crap salary to deal with our kids.
Benefits??? Suck. wife taught for three years and decide we would qualify for food stamps if I wasn’t working too. So, she quit and got a better job. No regrets on that move btw.

Fire them. Why, because they took a stance and stood up for themselves?

I have kids in public school and we had to extend the school year because of it. Am I upset by this NO and am I saying fire the teachers, Nope!

I’m sure I’m the only one here that supports the teachers, which is fine. I think they deserve a raise. If you think they don’t go sit in class with your kid for 8 hours a day and see what kind of crap they have to put up with. You couldn’t pay me to do their job. They get chit from the kids, from the principal, the school board and last but not least parents who want you to raise their kids for them. They think lil Johnny should get the best-education he can so he can be successful in life but in return we aren’t going to support the people who are spending their day trying to teach him.

If you don’t like the service move lil Johnny to another school district or better yet, pay the big bucks and put him in private school or home school him.

Do something other than sitting around pissing and moaning about it.

Most people supported funding education and supported teachers getting a pay raise. Most that were pissed off were pissed about the walk out. Dont care how you want to phrase it, it was a strike which was illegal for OK teachers to do.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most people supported funding education and supported teachers getting a pay raise. Most that were pissed off were pissed about the walk out. Dont care how you want to phrase it, it was a strike which was illegal for OK teachers to do.
there was nothing illegal about the walkout. you are a trip dude.

Latest posts

Top Bottom