Western OK rabbit hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MKactual

New to the site!
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any good rabbit hunting spots out in western Oklahoma? I'm thinking about trying out maybe packsaddle or sandy sanders WMA. Just looking to get out and bag a few haven't been rabbit hunting in awhile. Any help is appreciated.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to OSA! It’s been many years but the place north of Foss lake used to have lots of rabbits. I think it’s Washita NWR. It’s steel shot only though. Take the highway west out of Butler and there was a parking lot with a sign with the rules.
I just looked it up. It’s only open for quail and rabbit after the first nine days of deer gun. Refuge number is 580-664-2205. Warden is Clint Carpenter 580-695-3642

Last edited:

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Welcome to OSA! It’s been many years but the place north of Foss lake used to have lots of rabbits. I think it’s Washita NWR. It’s steel shot only though. Take the highway west out of Butler and there was a parking lot with a sign with the rules.
I just looked it up. It’s only open for quail and rabbit after the first nine days of deer gun. Refuge number is 580-664-2205. Warden is Clint Carpenter 580-695-3642
Not sure if it is open with the staff being furloughed.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rabbits are tough to find now. Back in the 70’s and 80’s I ran beagles.
I think it would be illegal to have more fun than running cottontails with beagles.
We went from shotgun to rim fire rifles and finally to .22 pistols just to introduce some difficulty to the hunt.
Rarely see one now in the same areas.

Latest posts

Top Bottom