What’s gonna be the next FAD caliber?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
.224 Valkyrie and 6mm Creed are fast becoming prevalent in the long range game. 6.5 Creed seems here to stay and I know more than a few that shoot .280. I wish it were the .243 WSSM, but they fielded that in bolt action first and the round really was designed for an AR platform.... So, .224Valk for the win??

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I still carry a .40S&W from time to time. Not much difference to most people nowadays.

I remember when the .40 first showed up. It was the cat's ass! Everybody had one. Today...not so much. And I can't figure out why. It's still a helluva round.

But then again, they will ALL kill ya deader'n hell.

Glock 23C was my first semi-auto handgun. But, I also have a couple of .45's as well.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guns, Shotguns and Rifles will soon only be legal if they have have ‘Solid, Un-bored Barrels’.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_1843.JPG
.17WSM is underrated imo, Savage didn't it help much with the BMAG and it's issues though.

I have been itching for one of these. Would love to buy the bull barrel version.
Bought one yesterday. Wasn't what I was going to town for but sounded interesting so....I bought it. Lol

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
View attachment 117652

Bought one yesterday. Wasn't what I was going to town for but sounded interesting so....I bought it. Lol

I like the laminate stock, they look and feel so much better than the black synthetic I've got. I've not had any issues with mine but it feels kind of flimsy. Taken quite a few coyotes with it with no problems.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
700 Nitro Express

I understand Dennis uses these to control the ferrel chimpmunks around his place....

What's a "Chimpmunk?" I have this mental image of a primate in a monk's robe, sweeping the ground before him so he doesn't step on and kill an insect.

upload_2018-4-25_20-3-38.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom