What’s up with Gunbroker and 1911’s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
@DaveinOKC ’s thread made me want to look up some basic values. I’ve got a plain Jane government model, blue plastic box, manual etc. I can’t find anything on GB that’s not engraved,limited edition,custom etc. There are 171 1911’s and not one could average joe afford!
So, with the combined expertise on here, what’s an approximate value for my gun? Probably less than 200 rounds and a very faint idiot mark.
Thanks

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
627AFAF2-C530-4EC7-933F-62E7A8B3C417.jpeg

ChrisWilson

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is it a Colt? theres lots of companies making a government models but since you said blue plastic box I"m assuming its a colt, I got mine at the PX on Ft. Sill a couple of years ago when they were having a sale on all 1911 models for 600 and change. I'd say around 7 for in the box used but thats just my opinion. Prices are all over the place for stuff right now expecially on Gunbroker might call some local gun stores and see what they are asking for used, I know sooner pawn always has a ton of guns listed on armslist might find and example there.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You only found 171 1911s on GunBroker? My search using just "1911" turned up 4533 results in "Semi-Auto Pistols".

Last year I bought one of the Colt O1911C "Classic" models. It's a pretty standard, no frills 1911 with markings and finish similar to the 50s and 60s vintage guns. It was $795 at the BX on Altus. I see guys asking all sorts of ridiculous prices for that model...on this forum and on GunBroker...$1500 and up.

I saw Palmetto had a new Springfield Garrison for $749 and free shipping. That sounds like a pretty good deal to me. Butch's in Vernon had one for $850-ish. Nice looking gun...I enjoyed fondling it a little bit.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe I’m doing something wrong. It is a Colt and I just clicked on the handgun search, then semi auto, then Colt. I’ll try something different
Edit-I was using their search template which only shows firearms. The blanket search turned up 5324 items but mostly grips and accessories. The first 25 pages were pistols mixed with accessories. After that it’s mostly grips. There is just not that many Colt 1911’s on there. Well, less than I would expect. I did find one that was almost identical to mine that had bids. I put it on my watch list

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom