What’s up with Gunbroker and 1911’s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkieDoke88

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Colt market is pretty absurd. It's been that way for nearly two decades now, but skyrocketed in the last 36 months...even more so in the last 18.

I bought four Colt custom shop 1911s in 2019 just because I knew that they would increase in value should I ever decide to sell. I paid between $1,530 (McMillan grey M45A1) and $1,820 (FDE M45A1). The two SCRCs were $1,640, and I bought the last two from the distributor.

I have yet to see a CS M45A1 sell for less than $2,750 (NIB) on Gunbroker in the last three months, and the last time I saw a Special Combat Rail Commander - which was about 8 months ago - it came up for a non-bid fixed price of $2,700 (used) and was gone within a couple days.

Even the Special Combat Govt out of the CS is bringing $2K plus now already.

Stupid prices, but I'm glad I bought when I did. Wish I had bought four more...

View attachment 245738
That was smart thinking on your part!

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's what's known as a 1911(C) retirement plan right there.

I don't think I'm legally allowed to acknowledge that, but let's just say that between some Colt revolvers, Winchester long guns, and these, that I'll be scrambling just a little less to put funds away for the kids' tuition.

These are more fun to look at than mutual fund reports anyway...I let my wife do that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom