What’s up with Gunbroker and 1911’s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My budget m1991a1 but it hasn't failed me yet.
Hasn't been picky with fmj, hollow point or lead semi wad cutters.
IMG_20220109_193709777.jpg

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe I’m doing something wrong. It is a Colt and I just clicked on the handgun search, then semi auto, then Colt. I’ll try something different
Edit-I was using their search template which only shows firearms. The blanket search turned up 5324 items but mostly grips and accessories. The first 25 pages were pistols mixed with accessories. After that it’s mostly grips. There is just not that many Colt 1911’s on there. Well, less than I would expect. I did find one that was almost identical to mine that had bids. I put it on my watch list

I usually just go to "Browse Categories" > "Seni Auto Pistols", then > "Filters", and then under "manufacturers" select "Colt" and hit "Accept". Yes, it will show every Colt semi for sale, but you can just use the search function to narrow it down by model.

There are currently 906 auctions, with probably 800 of those being 1911s.

If it weren't for Gunbroker, I'd be rich.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can you still log on to GB and search for Completed Auctions and find items that actually sold recently?
Then you don't have a bazillion of what I call the sellers' Aerosmith auction prices. ("Dream on! Dream on!")
The only downside I remember is the Completed Auctions search also showed auctions that ended with no bids, you can skim through and ignore them.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My budget m1991a1 but it hasn't failed me yet.
Hasn't been picky with fmj, hollow point or lead semi wad cutters.
View attachment 245062

Nothing wrong with a 1991 at all. It was only considered a 'budget' Colt early on because they used some plastic parts (like the trigger) and a more generic finish. With the later ones I don't think there's much difference at all other than rollmarks. I've owned a few and never had any issues...except hammer bite.

OkieDoke88

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe I’m doing something wrong. It is a Colt and I just clicked on the handgun search, then semi auto, then Colt. I’ll try something different
Edit-I was using their search template which only shows firearms. The blanket search turned up 5324 items but mostly grips and accessories. The first 25 pages were pistols mixed with accessories. After that it’s mostly grips. There is just not that many Colt 1911’s on there. Well, less than I would expect. I did find one that was almost identical to mine that had bids. I put it on my watch list
The colt market is so hard to nail down these days. Prices can be all over the place depending on the market and year of production.

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The colt market is so hard to nail down these days. Prices can be all over the place depending on the market and year of production.

The Colt market is pretty absurd. It's been that way for nearly two decades now, but skyrocketed in the last 36 months...even more so in the last 18.

I bought four Colt custom shop 1911s in 2019 just because I knew that they would increase in value should I ever decide to sell. I paid between $1,530 (McMillan grey M45A1) and $1,820 (FDE M45A1). The two SCRCs were $1,640, and I bought the last two from the distributor.

I have yet to see a CS M45A1 sell for less than $2,750 (NIB) on Gunbroker in the last three months, and the last time I saw a Special Combat Rail Commander - which was about 8 months ago - it came up for a non-bid fixed price of $2,700 (used) and was gone within a couple days.

Even the Special Combat Govt out of the CS is bringing $2K plus now already.

Stupid prices, but I'm glad I bought when I did. Wish I had bought four more...

20211203_114954.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom