What’s your best Garage Sale finds?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My best garage find was 18 bags of Lawrence Magnum #8 shot. I paid $10 a bag for it last year.

Since I no longer have a place to quail hunt, I'll use this shot to melt down and turn into 12 and 20 ga. slugs and round balls, and sinkers and lead head jigs.

AndyA

New to the site!
Reaction score
I went to a garage sale and the guy didn't have anything interesting, so I was getting ready to leave and I heard him say, I have an old gun for sale from my dad if you're interested. The old guy he had asked wasn't, but I asked, and was told it was probably nothing I was interested in. I said most certainly and he brought it down. It was a WW2 British 303 that had been wrapped in an army since his dad had brought it home for WW2. In excellent condition and had not been sportorized. It has the S designation on the rifle from the sniper series and it has been drilled for the offset scope but that did not come with it. I ended picking up the gun for $125. I gave the guy my license to hold it and ran to the ATM :).

Carson

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to a garage sale and the guy didn't have anything interesting, so I was getting ready to leave and I heard him say, I have an old gun for sale from my dad if you're interested. The old guy he had asked wasn't, but I asked, and was told it was probably nothing I was interested in. I said most certainly and he brought it down. It was a WW2 British 303 that had been wrapped in an army since his dad had brought it home for WW2. In excellent condition and had not been sportorized. It has the S designation on the rifle from the sniper series and it has been drilled for the offset scope but that did not come with it. I ended picking up the gun for $125. I gave the guy my license to hold it and ran to the ATM :).
My best is very similar to yours. Only I was working at Walmart at the time and had very, very little money. The old guns that he figured I wouldn't be interested in were a 1895 Krag that had been sporterized and a Remington 1903-A3 that was impeccable. He'd purchased both in the 1960's from back-of-magazine ads cheap. He wanted $250 for the Krag which was out of my range, but the $125 '03-A3 came home with me and I still have it 19 years later

ssx2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've bought things from antique musical instruments from the 1800's-1900's to cars/trucks/motorcycles and vintage vinyl. Last good one was a guy moving to an apartment and he had full vintage Kennedy tool boxes, motorcycle lifts and gun(s) safes.... I bought as much as I could.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
An old neighbor RIP used to have the best garage sales.
I seen him at a few estate sales.
I would get all his nails as I was always using nails.
I traded him some Ford wrenches.. Well just gave those to him as he really liked them.
He gave me free nails and some free bicycle parts to my kids.

I always bought tow chain at very reduced prices at sales.
You almost can't have too much tow chain.

Latest posts

Top Bottom